Brandon never really wanted Miles & other fairytales

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 12, 2011.

1. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Michigan can say they never wanted miles. Miles can say he never wanted to go to Michigan. If they would have offered miles a seven year thirty million dollar deal with great asst. pay and full control without carr 's interference we may be singing a diffrent tune. I bet miles has a lot more control over the football program now. Miles owns lsu football and it's his baby now. I think we see a miles renewed and focused next year because he knows he's the captian of this ship and he will not fail. He doesn't know how to fail. Tell time ? I think he gets that straight too.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

A few days ago they were beating their chests and bragging that they were taking our coach to mighty meeechigan. Now that they've been jilted they really didn't want him anyway. The extreme arrogance and delusional talk may be part of the reason they have had such a hard time finding a coach to take the job the last two times. Since they obviously wanted Hoke from the beginning they could have saved all the drama and hired him from the start. But they wanted to reject a couple of high profile coaches first to show just how important meeechigan is. Riiiiight!!!!!!:dis::dis::dis::dis::insane:

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Well, I think Brandon is playing politics, and it seems a good majority of the Michigan fan base is running with it, just like a majority here would. Most of the fans want to believe something positive about their program. I think it's kinda like telling the media, "We're undefeated in regulation." So really, Brandon was kinda just doing his job.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Sure. It's only human and happens everywhere. Just look at recruiting. As soon as some top prospect decommits many say we never wanted him. Didn't really like him. Wasnt gonna play anyhow etc. Just how most people are.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

technically it may be true that miles was never offered the job. i pretty much see the monday meeting with miles and brandon had miles - in only his les miles sort of way - telling brandon to not offer him the job. that allowed michigan to save face. if the job is technically not offered then the mich fans are gonna spin that into "we didnt want him".

whatever. the saga is over. now lets set the crow free.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This: I read this somewhere on here before it all went down. Oh well, it really doesn't matter to us at this point. It is time to move on and get the rest of the picture set up for success. I think the decision for that has already been made.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He was technically offered the job though :)

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, I think the Michigan AD flew down to BR on the Dominos Lear Jet to see if Les wanted a pizza before flying off to hire his first choice coach. What a nice guy.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And Brandon wanted to break the news about Hoke to his ole buddy in person.