Crime Break it down...vigilante justice for Michael Brown?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 28, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

At 1:00 AM? Part of being streetwise is knowing what is a smart thing, what is a risky thing,and what is bad timing. I lived in a bad neighborhood for two decades and rarely had any trouble because I didn't look like a victim, I didn't act like a victim, I didn't go looking for trouble, and I stayed the hell off gang turf. They pretty much stayed off our turf, too. There were many places that I walked without concern at noon, but I would't go there at midnight for any reason, even if armed and with backup.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

How do you know it was because they were white and not something stupid they said? How is that exacting revenge for Michael Brown by beating up random white dudes several states away?

Yeah, I would probably tell a black guy to not enter an establishment under those circumstances. Why would I not?

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It doesn't really matter why he was beaten...black or white no one should be gang pummeled like that. If he said something worth fighting over then the insulted should at least have the courage to fight one on one.

As to giving good advice like you suggest fair statement...BUT again no one deserves a beating like he took for being stupid. That holds no matter who the victim is.

It is troubling when people (all races do it) use as an excuse something they weren't near or involved it to act as barbarians.

red55 likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They should have all just had a dance off. That's how it happens in the movies, but credit Michael Jackson's Beat It video, that video was doing the whole you got served thing years ahead of time.

uscvball likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How about West Side Story where the Sharks and the Jets danced and sang instead of fighting

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh you got me there, not a west side story guy

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Except for this part.....
    [​IMG]

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

There are a couple of white trailer parks within about 10 miles of where I live that I wouldn't purposely venture in to.
    As well... I was passing through r-Kansas back in '97, had to stop for gas and was pretty much told I wasn't "white" enough to be in their town, and it was probably better if I left and got gas somewhere else.