BREAKING NEWS ON NICK BERG CASE PER CNN.COM

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, May 21, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

go there and read the header, 4 people being held in connection with the beheading of Nick Berg. No story yet though.

If it is true good news indeed!

2. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We should make them strip then parade them before camera. According to the media, that's about as heinous a torture as can be perpetrated.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Michael Berg knows just who to blame for his son's death.

George W. Bush.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,1221644,00.html

As for the animals who actually cut his son's head off, Berg seems to want to commune in empathy with them whilst sharing fond memories of Nick.

"I am sure that the one who wielded the knife felt Nick's breath on his hand and knew that he had a real human being there. I am sure that the others looked into my son's eyes and got at least a glimmer of what the rest of the world sees. And I am sure that these murderers, for just a brief moment, did not like what they were doing."

My heart goes out to Mr. Berg in his tragic loss. But he simply doesn't get it. Never has, never will.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You can't expect a man who's son had his head sawed off on TV to think rationally. It is hard enough to lose a son or daughter at such a young age but in such a manor and for it to be such a world wide event has to push the average human way over the edge. I lost an 18 yr old sister almost a year ago and my parents still haven't recovered their full sanity and I'm not sure they ever will. Give the guy a little slack his brain has to be fried given the circumstances. All those out their that have children imagine that happening to one of them if you can and tell me if you think you could think rationally. I know I would be a basket case wanting to kill anything that moved!!!!!!JMHO :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would want to personally kill the animals who did it rather than blaming the president. Since Nick Berg wasn't in the military even the most roundabout logic can't justify blaming Bush for sending him to Iraq.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

That is crazy, maybe his father lost it?
    Alot of people are blaming the good guys instead of the bad guys.
    Crazy world we now live in.

Its also George W's fault that planes were flown into buildings on September 11th and its also another republicans fault the radios didn't work that day.

What would they all be saying if Democrats were in control of the country on
    that day?

9. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I really would like to believe that, Twisted. I really want to just attribute Berg's feelings to a man who has, justifiably, taken leave of his senses after going through a kind of Hell I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

But Mr. Berg was anti-Bush long before Nick went to Iraq (of his own free will, as several on this board and elsewhere have pointed out), and it seems that their disagreement about Bush and the war was the cause of great conflict between father and son. Mr. Berg now appears to be using his son's death and the media attention he has received because of it as a bully pulpit with which to preach about how evil President Bush is. This just doesn't make sense to me. For all I know, this could be for Mr. Berg, the ultimate "I told you so" to his son. Everything about what he's saying and the tone he is taking seems off to me.

But then again, you have a point. Maybe I too, would go stark raving mad if I had to watch my son die in such a horrible way.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Berg's pop is a perfect example of how freakin sick the liberals are in this country. using his Son's death to launch a media opionion on politics. I guess if he was right wing he'd be blaming Ted kennedy? that would be just as stupid. When you're wrong you're wrong. I feel for his lose, couldn't imagine what he is going through, but what he is doing is just wrong. he isn't the first Dad to lose a civilian son to terrorists. he is very liberal and he is using his son's death to grind his AXe. This is disgusting Jane fonda bull****.