(Breaking, sorta) Georgia Starting RB Kregg Lumpkin goes down, knee injury on Mon.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Aug 10, 2004.

1. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Living in Atlanta, I can confirm this. They are brimming with confidence. Should be an entertaining season.

2. friday

friday Founding Member

I don't know what you mean by "reloading". Isn't UGA in the top 10 in recruiting annually under Richt? With that said, if there's no solid RBs on that roster, then maybe there's a need, but I would be suprised if there isn't some stud true frosh RB that could get called into duty this year if this injury is season ending. it's not like UGA recruits in wyoming. also, you can plug a young RB into the lineup much easier than most other postions. the one thing, though, that is a concern for a young RB is picking up the blitz (which means being an adequate blocker) so your QB doesn't get hurt.

3. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Yes, UGA does recruit very well. I don't recall them picking up a high-profile RB lately, though. I could be wrong....it's unlikely, though. :hihi:

The point is that UGA will utilize Cooper as their RB. He's got game experience and is familiar with the offense. Cooper is not intimidating in my humble little opinion.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Lumpkin is a special talent, anyone whjo thinks this isn't a huge loss in mistaken. Cooper was hurt this year, now lumpkin. Lumkin had worked hard all off season on his blocking and picking up the right man on the blitz. UGA gets a heck of a lot of talent and they did sign one of the top RB's in the country last year in Thomas Brown from Tucker High Scholl here in Atlanta but I'm sure they weren't planning on using him as their main back. I've never seen a team more snakebit than UGa has been the last 2 years. Kind of reminds me of when LSU lost starting DB's like 3 straight straight years or something like that a few years ago.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I received a call last night from one of my husband's friends in Nashville. He just moved from Atlanta and still flies in for business there. He was talking smack about UGA winning it all this year.

I just told him he still had to pay up from our bet about the SECCG--and he's getting off cheap this year because I'm pregnant, and he won't have to buy me an alcoholic beverage.

6. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

Unfortunately yes it is a huge loss for the Dawgs.... Lumpkin has the skills to be something specially. Luckily we are stacked at RB so that will soften the blow a bit.

But it still sucks.

7. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Congrats, on your future expectations. Is this your first future Tiger?

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

That couldn't be farther from the truth. He was our main RB who has seperated himself from the rest this off-season and the end of last year.

It's a huge loss for us but good teams find a way to win and we do have a good replacement in Cooper and maybe Brown/Ware.

Not another season of this crap.

9. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

We have Tony Milton as well but a lot of people are high on Ware.

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Or you could have Auburn's running game and still not compete :thumb: