(Breaking, sorta) Georgia Starting RB Kregg Lumpkin goes down, knee injury on Mon.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Aug 10, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What got into you? :wink: :thumb:

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

That's right! Don't go overlooking that game against Granny Holtz and the Gamecocks in Columbus just yet...

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

We are going to rape them into oblivion.

Can't stand that f-ing school :dis:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

while I agree its a big loss because of the attrition this team has suffered the last 2 years. you guys are on a bad rash of injuries and its a bug that comes around every program every decade or so. What I see with Bumpkin is he had built up his potential in the offseason but its just that....because he has not lived up to his expectations. Seems a bit overhyped as were his expectations coming into this campaign.... that being said, you will be able to replace him with someone as capable yet you are lacking a true star back as in Caddy or Justin. This will hurt you....you didnt have ONE 100 yd rusher last year and this sure as hell didnt help the confidence of your offense....or your team for that matter. Why are you guys so confident? I really dont see it. Seems you have bought into the media hype but maybe Im mistaken and you guys have suddenly fixed those major holes. If Leak had was junior, I'd pick UF in a second but I see him possible regressing some this year.

We want you at full strength or close to it....we don't want the "Georgia Excuses" to display their new mascot again this year.

Has anyone instructed David Greene to get rid of the ball after having the ball for over 4 seconds? I really don't know what he was smoking last year. How did he regress that much over one year? Was it the extra 20 lbs of non-muscle?

5. tirk

she's pregnant, please don't go there.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Update on Lumpkin

Update - AM680The Fan has just confirmed that Lumpkin will be out for the entire season with a torn ACL. left knee, suffered in a non-contact drill.

Most unfortunate news. Prayers for a full, speedy, and healthy recover for this promising young man.

7. SouthLink02

He was sacked more then anyone else in the SEC.....when you have no Offensive Line....you aren't going to be able to have great games.

8. tirk

i saw many of UGA's games on satellite last year and I already have discussed this with you.... DG caused MANY of those sacks by himself....holding the ball far too long, not scrambling or stepping up in the pocket. He regressed with his reads, with his awareness and with his overall vision. Yes, he was sacked a lot but there was much more to it than that. I was simply asking WHY do you think he looked so bad beyond the O-Line excuse?

9. SouthLink02

I couldn't disagreee more. I have no problem admitting that he didnt play as well and during the last few games he threw some quite bad passes but many of the plays were due to pressure from all over too quickly. I want to know what games you watched and saw this outside of LSU both times and maybe Florida? Tennessee? He looked quite good and even got around several Simon (I think was his name) sacks....South Carolina? Real good...Clemson? Good and even read several blitzes including a Gibson TD. Auburn? He was alright...took 2 sacks early but both were right off the snap...remember watching that game from the second level disgustedd with our OL. Purdue? Played very well all around and even dodged a sack that would have pinned us late against our own goal and instead got a 17 yard reception. He had a horrible pass against UAB with no one around and several others (including the LSU SECCG) but when your sacked the most in the SEC in does screw with your abilities and reads.

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I have no real problem with the school, but I don't like Holtz all that much. Naw, I hope you guys kill them.

I want the 'Dawgs ranked as high as possible in the polls come October 2, 'cause they sure won't be come October 3. :wink: