(Breaking, sorta) Georgia Starting RB Kregg Lumpkin goes down, knee injury on Mon.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Aug 10, 2004.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Ramah, I can't believe you aren't making it to Athens....

2. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

It's allgood. I know its not personal. You guys have every reason to be confident going into this season. Gonna be some good games this year.

:thumb:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

score me 4 tickets, thanks buford.

4. BufordDAWG

haha... I need to score myself some first.

5. Whitey4Man

Whitey4Man Founding Member

Very good young man, had the pleasure of "trying" to tackle him his two years ago during his senior year, and later meeting him at a college combine, great guy.

6. friday

friday Founding Member

I dug this post up to underscore something that was bantered around following UGA's loss of Lumpkin earlier this season. people around here need to wake up and get out of lala land and realize that UGA, UF and AU all recruit the same blue chip athletes that LSU does. 4 star, 5 star, whatever, at the end of the day, being 1st or 10th in recruiting doesn't mean much difference. here, we were debating whether UGA had a capable backup to step into Lumpkin's shoes (see our Auburn friend Wesfau's comments). His name is Danny Ware and the answer is yes. Just like LSU, UGA is deep with talent. wake up Tiger fans, there are other quality teams in the SEC. oh, and btw, this is 2004 not 2003. one more reality check for people like ramah.

7. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Damn, called me out.

I was wrong. UGA can, apparently, reload at RB. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

8. friday

friday Founding Member

good man westfau. the post wasn't really meant to call you out, but my fellow over confident, delusional LSU colleagues

9. BufordDAWG

Good call Friday. I forgot all about this thread. Let me just say when Lumpkin went down, Dawg fans everywhere were very worried. I mean VERY worried. Cooper was battling migraines, Browning was playing WR, Milton was coming off a very serious leg injury, and Ware had never played before.

The coaches were telling us how great he was, but besides knowing he spent last year at Hargrave Military Academy, until he was elligible to play at UGA, we didn't know much about him at all.

It's amazing that he is actually better than Lumpkin. Lumpkin is awesome but I don't think he has the speed and vision of Ware who also has incredible power. I rewatched the game on TiVo and was amazed at how Ware would hit the corner and then just lay into LSU's d-backs and drive them forward for 5 more yards on almost every play. Like Blackledge said, the kid is special.

LSU, Auburn, and Georgia are so stacked at RB its hard to fathom.

Next year Danny Ware, Kregg Lumpkin, and Thomas Brown will all be Sophomores. :thumb:

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Danny Ware made a believer out of me during the Southern game THOUGH I am not sure he is that healthy of a RB....has been hurt every game he has played