Breathe people...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swerved, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

It's not the end of the world. We lost a hard fought game on the road to a ranked team in triple overtime. I know there are going to be the obligatory doom and gloom posts about how the sky is falling and it's all coming to an end, but we still got half a season left to play..

I would have liked to see a little more pressure on Woodsen, and I would have liked to see our receivers catch some more balls, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I wouldn't want to be Auburn coming into TS next week.

1 person likes this.
  2. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Look I have no problem with losing but when we shouldn't have lost it ticks me off for a few days. I will get over it as long as this **** don't happen again. :angry:

3. stk

stk Founding Member

We still control our own destiny - win out and we go to the SECCG and still have a reasonable shot at the BCSCG. Today is a real let down but not the end of the world. If anything i'm hopeful that the coaches will zero in on some of our problem areas.

I am absolutely shocked and give Kentucky credit - they came to play.

4. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

The day isnt over either. Both cal and OU have very slim leads. Were gonna need help to get to New Orleans, the time to start rooting for additional teams is now.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

it all depends on your expectations, i guess. i wasn't a "this team is going undefeated" person so maybe a loss now will allow us to fight our way back in it.

everything we were worried about in the the preseason: wr inexperience, o line play, flynn, etc. are the weak points on this team.

in '03, i don't think we win the national champ without that florida loss. maybe this will be turning point.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I am not shocked. I've been worried about this game since July. The week after Fla., win or lose the Fla. game will take a lot out of our team, go on the road against a solid #17 ranked team, who has an excellent QB and good passing offense. That's not a real good prescription.

We didn't get much pressure on Woodson, I guess that was the defensive gameplan, play more cover, but they beat it. Maybe put more pressure on the QB next time?

The WR drops hurt a lot.

But, it certainly is no panic situation. Keep takin care of business, try to win the west and SECCG, see what happens after that.

I hope we don't have BC against USF in the nat. champ game!

:geauxtige

7. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

EXCELLENT post, Swerved. I knew saner minds would prevail.

We just got beat. And beat up. We're not out of it yet!:eek:ldskule:

8. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

We have many weak points. Flynn rarely throws a decent passes, always behind receivers or under thrown. When he does make a decent throw, our receivers drop the ball.

Our D-Line is overrated. Yes I said it, they are Overrated.

Our O-Line is rediculous at times. If you watch Stewart and Black, they are lazy and miss their blocks half the time.

Sorry guys, but I gotta VENT!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

well it happened. nowe can put it behind us, and move on. we should not have lost that gem but we did. every weakness we know about was exploited by KY and the play calling in the end wasn't so great.

bottom line: no matter what each week brings, especially a week like this, they're still #1 in our hearts. they're still OUR TIGERS! they're still OUR TEAM! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. J from Iowa

J from Iowa Founding Member

I am upset, not because we lost but in the manner in which we did. The D had a horrible game. LaFell once again had problems and this time it cost us big. He needs to sit a game, that is 3 in a row he has had drops in. Terrible timing on penalties, Tyson J. has to know the situation and to get a roughing penalty in that spot for a guy like him is not allowable. Finally, the play calling in the last over time was horrible. We had some momemtum for stopping them on the convernsion and then we run it 4 straight times up the middle? I know we are a running team but if there was ever a time to let the cat out of the bag, that was it.

We got out coached and out played in that game. They were ready, we showed up flat and never got it rolling. I'm not saying that this is the end of the world but we definatley need to learn from it. Big time...