Breathe people...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swerved, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I said it on the Geaux Show Mid Week show the ONLY TEAM I thought that could beat us was LSU!

And it happened you can not make those STUPID penlaties and drop passes and expect to win.

Kentucky was to good of a team to have us allow them to stay in it!

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Right again, Crip. It's a real downer, but we've gotta move on! At least we don't have to wait 2 weeks. Although we could use the rest.:eek:ldskule:

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

WOW...I know I can barely see the computer screen right now...but :confused:

4. sweatspurplgold

sweatspurplgold Founding Member

No problem. Looking at this optimistically, a loss now isn't all that bad. We shouldn't fall too far in the polls with plenty of games left to play. If we go undefeated and lose in the SECCG, we have no shot on going on to play in the NCG. It is just early enough and we have the ranking to fight back. In all actuality, this may have been the "right bowl of gumbo" to get their heads right. The D now knows that they are not the invincible unit that many believed they were. Motivation? Hopefully so. Maybe this taste of defeat was a blessing in the making.

1 person likes this.
  5. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Especially with this tough loss, the team needs more support from the fans, not bashing. Lafell may have a wrist injury that is not broadcasted. Good teams would always rebound from a loss; let's hope that's the case with our Tigers. Hope they don't come off the physical game with too many injuries.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Tough loss, I'm as disappointed as anyone. I'm eager to see how this team responds with their back to the wall. I believe they will be fine. We've seen what they can do when they are focused and injury free. It takes a lot to win an SEC division, then and SEC Championship and then a BCSNC if you make it. Anyone can win it this year. The tough part is looking at an Ohio State who plays in a very weak conference with no conference championship. Like I said, will be be interesting to watch how our team responds from this loss. I believe they will be fine. :geauxtige

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Nope, never sure. That's the beauty of it... Gotta go to the game and see! I like our odds if the crowd shows up.. :thumb:

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think people should be allowed to vent at least a day after the game. But I don't mind seeing threads like this either, especially since you aren't totally bashing those who critique our performance. If I were a mod (not that I have the time) I'd be working OT to merge all the complaint threads.

To all those who say the table can't be run, I think it could have been if we would have maintained the high level of play that we started the season with. Unfortunately, that was not meant to be this season. What many of us may not have wanted to admit led us to this loss - despite winning, the past few weeks we have looked less than complete.

Everyone, try to vent responsibly and come to terms with this loss. As a fan base, if we can't take this blow and still stand strong, how are we different from any other fan base? We like to brag about how great LSU fans are, now is the time to earn that reputation.

9. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I think most of the regulars are doing a pretty good job of this i-like.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

:thumb: I think so too.