Brees Admits Recruiting LT to N.O.

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

yeah, when talking about the kind of money these guys make, that could be the correct way to spell it.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

reggie bush will never be a solid running back in the NFL.

he hasnt rushed for more than 600 yards in any of his seasons, and only rushed for more than 500 once.

he did have over 700 yards receiving his rookie season, but has fallen off since.

reggie benefitted from playing college ball in a weak division with no competition, which made him look like a god. i know i will probably catch heat for that comment but i stand behind it.

Tomlinson has gas left in the tank, and i think with pierre thomas taking some of the load i bet Tomlinson would take less pay to play with Drew, be closer to home, and part of what seems to me a fun offense. Plus he wouldnt have to look at Phillip Rivers who needs to be thrown off a cliff. And not to mention get rid of that ridiculous salary that the over paid Reggie Bush has.

seems like a win win to me, i would even throw in a 2nd round draft pick to bring jacob hester home to take mike karney's spot at fullback. the chargers started shining last year when hester was moved to fullback, you can trace their win streak before losing to the steelers back to when hester was moved to fullback.

1 person likes this.
  3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'll just say I'm glad you're not running the Saints front office. I don't doubt that Tomlinson has a couple of good seasons left him, but the upside just isn't there. People are too hung up on the label of Running Back and the fact that he's a #2 overall pick to admit that the Saints are a better offense with Reggie than without. If the Saints would get away from trying to use him as a half-back, I think Reggie would sore in this offense. He's already shown flashes.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

No, you can track the Chargers upswing to the hire of Ron Rivera at DC. Hester was always a fullback, he was simply moved to starter when Tolbert got hurt.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Reggie's only full season is when the Saints went to the NFC Championship game right? Besides that he's been injured the other two and which in 2007 he was on pace to rush for 1000 yards and catch 800 as well

6. LaSalleAve

i should have read what i posted before i posted it, the chargers upswing came when hester was promoted to starter not fullback, my mistake.

Ron Rivera was given promoted on October 28,
    The chargers then won @ KC, lost to the Steelers, then lost to Indy, then lost to Atlanta.

Hester is named starter for an injured mike tolbert in week 14 and then the chargers:
    win 4 games in a row to finish off the regular season, win a playoff game in which hester sprung all 3 touchdown runs, then lost to the Super Bowl Champs.

so if ron rivera was responsible for the chargers upswing, why did they lose 3 out of his first 4 games as DC.

now back to the Bush vs. Tomlinson argument. To say that Reggie Bush is more valuable than LT is one of the most ridiculous statements i have ever heard in my life. For the money (once again) Bush is not worth it. 6 year 52 million dollar contract? come on. i sure as hell hope that contract is loaded with incentives that bush hasnt hit because no way in hell he is worth that much money. LT had more rushing yards last season in a "down year" than Bush has had in the past 2 seasons combined. Bush is a glorified punt returner, and a 3rd wide receiver.

7. LaSalleAve

amen

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

was once a pet peeve. guess not anymore. :yelwink2:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I chalked it up to being in a drunken state perhaps.

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron