Brees Returning

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bengal B, Feb 18, 2020.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Kiko Alonso has agreed to cut his deal back so we'll have more cap room. That's according to Rappaport.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

AJ Klein is gone but we can't keep everyone. And the deal Teddy got is 3 years $63m so for those thinking naively thinking he would stay with the Saints, there's why it was never going to happen. I'm just not sure TB is an upgrade over a healthy Cam Newton. You can't even imagine how much it pains me to say that because I despise Newton, but I think he has a stronger arm then TB and he's more mobile out of the pocket. 'Healthy' is the key part of the equation but maybe Joe Brady's got something drawn up for Teddy. Just hate that we'll be going up against him 2x a year.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

did you watch him last year. I’ll be glad we finish him off. Poor mike Evans alls I got to say. Their defense scares me with that other 40 fella and kb.

fanatic likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Fignewton will never be the QB he was. Too many beatdowns despite his size. I don't think they will prioritize drafting a QB. Would have cost to much to move up with the amount of draft capital they have. They will live or die with TB. $10 million a year is dirt cheap to get their dirty deeds done.

I love you Teddy and I know you had to do what you had to do but now I gotta hate you.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

3 years $63m

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yeah, I just read the details. I read the first story wrong. 3rd year is $20 million salary but nothing guaranteed so Teddy will have to really stand out to earn that last $20 million as well as another contract.

fanatic likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Cam is athletically superior to Teddy, but I think Teddy is more accurate, and he's definitely a steadier presence in the huddle, i.e., he doesn't pout like a spoiled child when things aren't going his way.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Malcolm Jenkins a Saint again

9. tirk

Jags have 12 picks.

10. tirk

And whitworth with 3/30 mill. That nigga played here 20 yrs ago.

The #Rams are giving LT Andrew Whitworth a 3-year deal worth $30M, source said. He can get up to $37.5M — $12.5M fully guaranteed. It's the highest paying contract signed by 35+ year old non-QB in NFL history.