Brees to Tampa?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

First Jimmy Graham and now Drew Bree's. Stay away from Poydras Street. They're going to be burning down the Superdome.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

they already did, once.

islstl likes this.
  3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It's hard for me to believe they'd trade Brees. I liked the Graham deal. The thought of Winston on the saints legitimately makes me want to puke. I don't understand the strategy this off season. I understand we have to cut salaries but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Maybe they deal Drew and it all makes sense. I keep saying reports that no one is off limits, they're looking to trade anyone and maybe that's their way of warning us of what's about to happen with Brees.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@mobius481 Brees isn't going anywhere. And the strategy, I believe, is to retool with an infusion of youth. I mentioned this in another thread. The team has been doing a lot of draft day trading lately, usually giving up picks to move up. As a result, they've only been getting 2-3 young players a year to groom behind veterans, when they should have been getting 5-7. The roster is in a general age decline with not enough young talent ready to move in. Now, after the Grubbs trade today, they have 8 draft choices, including 3 in the first 45 picks. I'm guessing there are more veterans-out, picks-in trades coming.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I heard a few moments ago on the radio that the only untouchable's are Cooks and Brees. Everyone else available.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I believe that to be true. This shitty defense is the root of all of it along with brees 26 million.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The question is, does Brees have enough left in the tank to wait on a bunch of draft picks to develop?

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

It's obvious to anyone who follows the Saints that the motivations behind these moves are to 1) change the attitude of the locker room and 2) provide future salary cap relief.

ParadiseiNC likes this.