Brees vs Mahomes

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by mctiger, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Strphan A Smith said Brees over Mahomes if he had to pick.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Stephen A. used to be all about Aaron Rodgers, but switched to Team Drew when AR started wearing down.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Was going to post the same fucking thing, but couldn't get on at work at you beat me to it. I agree with every word. A) Drew and the Saints beat the Rams, first and foremost. Mahomes did not. B) Drew did not turn the ball over and led the offense on 5 TD in 5 first half possessions. Mahomes was personally responsible for 14 of the Rams points and also threw 2 of his picks in crunch time. C) Drew does not throw for as many yards because 1) he had the lead and doesn't have to 2) WE CAN RUN THE BALL and don't have to rely on only the passing game.

BREES is the 2019 MVP. Even Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, and any other blind person you want to add, can see it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Rolan likes this.
  4. fanatic

Well, if he wins another Lombardi, he'll get his due. I think the only MVP Drew really cares about is Super Bowl MVP. I'll take that over regular season MVP any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Obviously.

didit likes this.
  5. fanatic

So true.. Sean-fucking-Payton re-invented his whole offense. A few years ago, we were bitching because it seemed like he had become too predictable. I thought he would have used his entire year of suspension dreaming up a new scheme, but he didn't. Well he has now and its unstoppable.

I was also thinking about this on my commute home today. Do you know its taken us nearly 5 years, as a team, to recover from bounty gate? Or I should say the penalties resulting from bounty gate. From Sean being out a year to loss of draft picks it has taken about 5 years to rebuild, give or take. What a harsh, overbearing punishment that was. Think about it. We were rolling before that happened. The 2011 team, IMO, was better than the Super Bowl team. Then Goodell gutted us from the inside out. From that point on, we've been mediocre until we finally got the pieces in last years draft and free agency to make a serious run. We might have had another Lombardi before then, had it not happened.

Any QB that can put up the numbers that he did in that bowl game against us with defense consisting of with Deion Jones, Jamal Adams, Dante Jackson, Tra White, Duke Riley, and Jalen Mills (all currently starters in the NFL) is bad ass. But there's plenty of time for him to get his. Right now, it's about Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints.

(Sorry for the multiple posts. Got a little carried away in this thread)

mctiger likes this.
  6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Who Dat baby!!!

ParadiseiNC and fanatic like this.
  7. fanatic

This is a great article, if anyone is interested in reading it. Peter King did an 'embedded' with the Saints and CSP. Some really good insight on how Payton develops his offensive schemes. He a base scheme, which is his, and he's continually expanding it. He says he looks at every scoring play from every team each week. He also looks at the plays from other creative offenses, like the Rams and Patriots to find plays to use in certain situations. He found a play from the 2003 Pats/Eagles Super Bowl that he tweaked and put his unique stamp on to run for Mike Thomas. He got 30 yards the first time they called in and a defensive holding call when they tried it again later in the game or it would have been a TD.

And that's just one example. To me, it was a fascinating read and provided insight on why our offense is so good.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...rees-sean-payton-fmia-nfl-week-11-peter-king/

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Did Payton write a book about this? Can we get a copy for Ensminger?

fanatic, ParadiseiNC and ehusson80 like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

way too early and too much season to play out. Pretty sure brees' issue will be he's peaked way too early. It'll probably be Andrew luck by the end of the season.

10. didit

didit Veteran Member

You just reminded me... Fuck Roger...