Brexit

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jmg, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

The Brits never left the pound.

The Irish spend euros.

Plenty of European countries use their own currency. Scandinavians use crowns by different names kroner, kronur, etc, Romanians use leu, Czechs also use crowns, Hungary uses forints, it's a hassle for the traveler but I don't think it hurts the economy much that Brits never left the pound.

The Swiss use Swiss francs and don't allow the schengen travel agreement, they do fine.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Try to not to think in terms of hours instead of years

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Do you have any Estonian Eeks?

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I don't. They had euros by the time I went there.

Also their neighbor Latvia had just shifted from lats January first of the year I went there so they were also newly using euros, but stores still accepted lats.

On that same trip I also went to Ukraine, who spends hyrvnia

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

So strong was the backlash to Obama's blatant attempt to influence the Brexit vote – polls following his April visit to London showed the opposition to his remarks running at about 60 percent – that a reasonable case could be made he contributed to the outcome.
    Obama's threatening remarks against Britain over Brexit seemed to have ignited a tempest.

Upon leaving the EU, Obama said, Britain should not expect a new trade deal with the U.S., that it would be "in the back of the queue."

In a subsequent interview with the BBC, Obama suggested that a new trade deal with America's closest ally "could be five years from now, 10 years from now before we were able to actually get something done."

Obama's use of the Briticism "queue" for the word "line" triggered widespread speculation that the President's comments had, in fact, been written for him at 10 Downing Street......

The tone was patronizing, the language menacing – and the message not only hypocritical but, frankly, insulting," it added. "… He has no business to come here and preach that submission to Brussels is good for the people of the U.K....

Polls suggested British voters concurred. All four polls taken in the aftermath of Obama’s remarks, made by a president widely perceived as an avatar of globalism, showed a shift in favor of leaving the EU by between 1 and 4 percentage points – almost as soon as Air Force One departed British airspace."

http://bobcartoons.newsprints.co.uk/view/33007560/she_ll have the fish 23rd april 2016_jpg

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He's always on the wrong side of history. And with it, his followers.

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.
  7. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Could be his plan to "fundamentally change the us".

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think he's done enough

9. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

He doesn't realize no one pays attention to a black man beating his chest, unless he's wielding a pistol- especially if he's holding it sideways.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or a basketball

Bayou Tiger likes this.