Brian Kelly's comments with reference to CLM

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ParadiseiNC, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not so fast my friend. The Big East has a tie in with the Orange Bowl so Cincy will play the winner of the ACC Championship game. Not so hard to game plan against like if it was Alabama or Florida

2. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I heard the interview on Rivals Radio the other day and the way he said it sounded a lot more supportive of his fellow coaches. I can't remember exactly what he said but he was calling out all the negative and often excessive attention they are receiving. I thought he was defending them and not bashing them.

That was my read on it anyway ...

3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I don't think he was really defending them, he was just saying basically "better them than me" and went on to name them by names, which is the part I thought was unusual and a bit inappropriate. (btw, the third coach he was referencing was Mangini, not Richt).

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

From the standpoint that the fanbase is angry about last week, then yes, CLM is on the hotseat. Is his job in jeopardy? Probably not, but I agree with those who think it wasn't appropriate for Kelly to reference him like that.

5. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

The point is that he won't have to game plan for LSU since we won't be there.

6. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

Do I find his honesty in poor taste? Absolutely not. I much prefer it to coach speak considering he only said what every other coach in college football is thinking anyway. It is only a topic of discussion here because of his mention of Les (if he mentioned Les since I did not see the actual comments). I don't think Florida, USC or UConn's board's are buzzing with his comments, do you?

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

well i don't think one thread with 16 replies meets the definition of buzzing - you are just trying to be dramatic. this was just simply a discussion brought on because he did reference miles, which is of interest on an LSU board since miles is our coach, and i thought that was interesting since miles was being grilled in the media, but really is unlikely to be on the hotseat with the person that matters - Alleva. i don't mind BKs honesty, but amongst coaching circles, that was probably a little edgy to do, but not a huge deal.