Brick to UT

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 13, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Thats most of it.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You know, the day that Chavis left, Haley became expendable to LSU. His new contract was not signed by LSU and he soon got re-assigned to a desk job. It certainly seems like Chief had been protecting Brick's job.

TwistedTiger and LSUDad like this.
  3. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

I think we all agree that LSU is better off with Coach O vs. Brick, but what about Chavis vs. Steele ignoring the Coach O factor?

As an answer to this question, Bleacher Report (BR) just came out with an article, "Grading Every 2015 SEC Coordinator Hire" --- here's the link:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2368535-grading-every-2015-sec-coaching-hire

You'll note that they grade the hire of Chavis as an A+, but only give Steele a B- grade.

My own view agrees with BR that Steele is adequate and Chavis will give A&M a big boost. My hope is that the loss of Coach Chavis will have a bigger impact on LSU's offense than our defense as it will force LSU to finally learn the lesson that we need to adapt our offense to match the talents of the players especially with regards to our QBs. If so, LSU will be a better team in the future.

For the long term, I've changed my opinion of Coach O after his interim head coaching stint at USC and would like to see him grow into LSU's next defensive coordinator.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think you may be giving him (chavis) too much credit. If he doesn't adapt his scheme to work with what Sumlin will do on offense they could be in trouble. He doesn't have the depth at atm that he had here.

If O can get us after the QB then I don't care about any of the rest. The secondary was already great. Put some heat on the qb it can only get better.

didit, LSUDad and titoabad1 like this.
  5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Has O ever been a coordinator before?

Of course all eyes will be on Steele's defense this year, can't wait to see how he does. Not sure he has had this much talent to work with as a coordinator nor such a great staff. I'm expecting great things from this defense and more time of possession from our offense with the ability to convert more third downs this season. Together this could leave to a great season.

6. msully

msully Founding Member

WELL WE BETTER SCORE A LOT MORE THAN WE DID LAST SEASON , HOPE WE GET THE BALL 1ST AND LAST .

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

That and hiring Chavis looks like it will cost A&M $400,000 more than they thought! Lol!

LSUDad likes this.
  8. msully

msully Founding Member

expecting = a time to break the bad habit of expecting something for nothing . WHAT WE HAVE IS A DEFENSE WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT , other than where we had one we now have two to try and fill his shoes
    Steele's second stint with Alabama seems to be the worst Saban defense ever . Could that be why here in Nashville when I meet a Bama fan and tell him or her "I am a GEAUX TIGER fan " , they just smile and I see that "WOW" look in their eyes ?
    Sat, Sep 12 LSU at Mississippi State we will have a clue how good or how bad this defense will be

Sat, Sep 19 Auburn at LSU we maybe getting the blues after we learn how bad this new defense will be .
    Until then we are just in dreamland
    I am expecting a 4 loss season starting with these two teams . What do I know , after all I am only a fan , Les is the Coach . But that is my bet . Not what I want to happen , hope I lose my bet .
    GEAUX TIGERS !!!

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I don't understand the pessimism on our defense next year. At the end of the season minus chavis bowl D actually was improved.

DB will be as talented as ever. DLine will be better and our lb couldn't be any worse and hopefully garrett steps up.

I think LSU is a productive qb away from making some hay.

Herb, kluke, ScottforJC and 3 others like this.
  10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Maybe, just maybe it was because Saban didn't have 4 or 5 first and second round draft picks on last year's D. And LOrd knows Steele's defense can't do much worse against MOO U or Auburn than Chavis defense did last year. So I'm encouraged.

ParadiseiNC, LSUDad and kluke like this.