Bring on Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by blindside517, Mar 23, 2006.

1. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

weapons? When we play as a total team like we did last night weapons is the last thing you need to worry about.

2. maduka

maduka Founding Member

Like I said on Burntorangefanzone.com I was more worried about WVU then I am of you guys. I watched the U of H game. I saw the A & M game. I'm not impressed. You guys don't look like you run any real offensive sets. For the whole game against duke you might have run 4 set plays. Most of your offense is off the dribble and one on one. THAT WON'T WORK AGAINST TEXAS!!! I'm hoping your coach knows that. He better come with it on the offensive end. Cause we'll hook em, pardon the pun!!!!

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Seems like we had a lights out shooter we played too...but he was shut down. Their answer to our post players got his but no one else could come close.

Every team we have played has said they can guard Davis. Some of the top post players in the country and he has double-doubles to show for those match-ups. Even if you do shut down Glenn...which Duke did in essence in the 1st half can you answer Lazarre or Rolle from the bench? You have NO answer for the shot blocking ability of Tyrus...

Offense didn't beat Duke last night...our defense did. And the Longhorns are about to find that out 1st hand...You don't need alot of points when the opposition can't score.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I'll use your excuse from your match-up with Duke...We played U of H early in the season...this is a very different team and if are judging that game to how we play now...well I sure hope the UT coaching staff has lots of U of H tape to go on.

A&M was a poorly played game...and we still won. Don't count on that again...D Mitchell is due a good game...just hope it isn't Saturday he decides to light you up.

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I wonder if Tennessee has a Hunterorangefanzone.com :confused:

6. maduka

maduka Founding Member

It should be interesting Aldridge V Big Baby. Not to be cocky, but I like that match up for texas. Aldridge is LONG 6-11 (Sheldon is 6-7, 6-8) and can recover very quickly on Low Posts moves. he blocks alot of shots in the post. All you have to do is watch our second round game to see that.

7. maduka

maduka Founding Member

In the stats I saw that Big Baby scored 12 against the Athletic front line of UConn (Davis made 5-12). Arkansas has a Seven foot white dude that game him problems (Davis made 5-19, nice....). Oh yea and in your last game Vs Duke he only had 14 on 3-12 shooting. So I think LA will have a nice time against your Baby.