British Open

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Jul 17, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

On the contrary it absolutely supports it. He missed a par putt from about 8' he was too close.

The one he made to get to 15 was about 35' and had more turns than a grand prix

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes he doesnt make close putts hence it wasnt a choke. this is simple stuff, stay with me.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I was locked in on Speith's last four or five holes...really hoping he'd pull of the third of the slams today.

Here's what's messed up. I still can't watch him and not think "he's a Longhorn." And yes, it matters. :mad:

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does he yell Hook 'Em when he hooks a drive?

TerryP likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

6. shane0911

you know, this is extremely odd, when I was watching today and Johnson was already in the club house I was hoping for someone to catch and pass him. I didn't want him to win it, I'm not sure I wanted Spieth to do it because I wasn't sure if he was ready for that, I know I didn't want Whoostizen and his gap to win it but Day or the other guy or even Jordan but for some reason I didn't want Zach. Something about him just makes me not like him.

Then I get in my truck and the afternoon radio guy is on there and he is saying almost the same exact thing, that he doesn't know much about him but just doesn't like him. Well the radio guy just happens to have a few people that he knows personally on the PGA tour and he sends out a few text messages asking about ZJ and they all come back with Super guy, very humble, great dude and the radio guy flips, now he likes him.

Well I don't, that is a dick move and after seeing him do that I wish he had lost. Oh well.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There was a story that ZJ was at the driving range, finished, waiting to find out if he had been caught or would be forced into a playoff, and he hears the crowd erupt over around 15 and he said to his caddy, Spieth. He could tell from crowd reaction alone who made a shot. it was when Spieth sank a 50 footer on 15 for bird.

8. tirk

you left out the dick move part I believe.

i had this discussion yesterday. people dont like him because he looks like a freakshow, joaquin phoenix, whatever. besides that, hes a great dude.

9. shane0911

Even funnier, the show producer said the same thing about looking like Joaquin Phoenix

10. tirk

what was this dick move you referenced.