Broadcast in Canada

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by willchao, Aug 9, 2006.

1. willchao

willchao Freshman

I just found out that I MAY be in Toronto for the LSU-Auburn game.:sob:

Its the game of the week on CBS. I assume I could have caught the game anywhere in the US, but what about Canada? Do they have their own CBS stations, or do I have to catch it from a US station, like in Buffalo NY?

Anyone have experience watching da tigers from the great white north?:geauxtige

PS...A LSU bar in TO would be even betterLSU! :lsup: LSU!

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

This may not help, but when I was in Tobago last year for vacation I was able to watch the ass whipping of Ole Miss (although that was on ESPN.) I was also able to watch some NFL on ABC, CBS while over there.... so if I was able to watch it in Tobago, in the caribbean, then I think Canada would def broadcast.

3. claz

claz Founding Member

I was in Toronto for the LSU/AZ game. We found a fairly large sports bar that had the game on one of its TVs. We were the only ones watching. Sorry can't remember the name of it but it shouldn't be hard to find. Good luck.:geauxtige

4. philter

philter Founding Member

Another option is to either setup your own place shifting computer/software, or buy a Slingbox (or something similar). You hook it up to your cable box/satellite/antenna, etc and it streams your local video signal over the internet and you can watch and control your tv from anywhere. They run about 150.00 and work pretty well if you have 256kb/s or greater upload.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

btw if someone has one already and will let you, they could give you their password for the day and you could watch their slingbox, as they will obviously be watching the game.

6. willchao

willchao Freshman

Thanks, guys. I guess Slingbox is a consideration since a lot more public places are going with Wi Fi these days.

I'll do some more research on the sports bars as well.

Thanks again!:geauxtige

7. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know someone who lives in Canada, do you want be to ask them about it?

8. willchao

willchao Freshman

Sure, if its not too much trouble.

I do see CBS shows (CSI and etc) in the Canadian TV listings as well as a lot of sports bars, so I think my chances are good.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I've spent a lot of time in Canada during football season. Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and all of them have the US CBS feed in hotel rooms, bars, etc. You should have no trouble catching the game, at the very least in your hotel room.

10. willchao

willchao Freshman

Well, there you go. I'm now confident I will be watching :helmet: in TO.

Thanks, everyone!