Brock Berlin

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phatcat, Aug 27, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Berlin took his game out of the SEC and can never hurt LSU. That's OK by me. If he does well and Miami wins then they will take recruits away from Florida and that's OK by me, too. LSU can't lose in this situation. Ol' Brock could be one of my favorite quarterbacks. I'd buy him a beer if he walked into Georges.

2. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

see Brent Rawls - overrated

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Of course, Ali's 8 notches better, she's a Cecilia Bulldog! Whether she knows it or not.:D

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Despite the 48-9 pasting the Canes gave LA Tech I saw this on espn.com:

Miami was a short flip away from going up three touchdowns when Berlin made his first gaffe as a Hurricane. The junior had a receiver all by himself in the end zone on a first-and-goal play, but the ball slipped out of his hand as he cocked his arm. Instead of a 4-yard TD pass, the play went for a 25-yard loss.

On the next play, Berlin was picked off by T.J. Jackson

Anybody want to start a pool on how long it takes for BB to be replaced as starting QB and starts whining about being cheated just like his squid guts eating girlfriend?

5. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Come on, as much as I dont like the guy.....he threw 1 INT. Stop getting on his case so much. It happens. I am not saying this to anyone here but to the MANY people that said such things in person to me.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Come on, Southlink. Its natural for all of us imperfect human beings to root for the downfall of somebody who is supposed to be so perfect. Brock Berlin has been protrayed as footballs answer to Martha Stewart. I wonder if he has ever picked his nose or scratched his ass in public. Has he ever spit? (Well maybe so after kissing his fermented squid guts eating girlfriend but certainly not in public)

7. DValley

DValley Founding Member

He only threw one interception, but had two hit La tech defenders right in the hands and they dropped it. Then there was the several wide open receivers that he missed. Let's face it, he has a lot of work to do. If it wasn''t for the screen pass and two wide open receivers, I don't think he would have completed a third of his passes. He reminds me of Booty, a quarterback that has a set receiver when he snaps the ball, and don't forget about all the hype, too. Florida might make him look a lot worse.

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

All I gotta say is Berlin was not the most talented QB on the field last might. I would take McCown over Berlin anyday.

9. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Berlin completed 50% (14 of 28) of his passes. He throws the ball too hard many times and doesn't throw many spirals. I'm more concerned with the LA Tech QB McCown who hit 16 of 26.

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Yes, that's why I put "whether she knows it or not" in that post. Let's say I get on national TV and say I'm from New Orleans. Does that make it true?
    Ask the person in your office if they know where she graduated high school from.