Broken Ricky

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUGradin99, Jul 22, 2006.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Lots of things are illegal and the NFL doesn't seem to care as much.

DWI, assault, beating your wife/girlfriend, not having a license to ride your motorcycle, and killing people -- just to name a few.

I have no idea why people so vehemently hate Ricky, unless they just hold a grudge against UT. That's pretty understandable, I guess.

2. clair

clair Rockets

ricky will be back in the NFL next year... anyone who thinks otherwise is dilusional... he got almost 1,000 yards in very limited time last year...

the NFL would pay that looter we always tease millions if he could carry a ball

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That's actually not a bad point...I would have given you green, but oh well....

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I guess the NFL wants players who are motivated, which the jane of course usually hampers.

Also there's that whole illegality angle.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I completely agree (as if my avatar didn't give that away). I really, really hate how the entire sports world tries to chastize him and make fun of him (like that a**hole Joe Thees-man) for doing something far less harmless than what a lot of other players are doing (see NLMD's post).

The guy's always suffered from major depression, anyway. I don't expect him to have the same mentality as those other meatheads.

6. LSUDeek

I wonder why?

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/ricky-williams/

The high voice in interviews gave it away for me.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Wow, sexual orientation scrutiny. That's original. I've always thought that maybe he played for the other team. I just don't care one way or the other.

8. LSUDeek

All I'm saying is that it probably has a lot to do with his depression.4

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

again, they arent just punishing players who break the law. they are going way beyond that. you dont get arrested for failing a drug test. there is no need to test nfl players for marijuana.

and as far as motivation, ricky is a heisman winner, a record breaking talent. he is a horse that runs as hard in the fourth quarter as the first. judge him on the field.

10. LSUDeek

i am saying that in general, the jane impedes the motivation and the work ethic of a person. that is why the "stoner" stereotype exists.

the nfl most likely seeks to prevent occurrences of this in their league.

edit: and you know, there's no motivation like that of a guy who wants to quit the nfl and go smoke weed in a hut in india. now there's some hard work ethic for ya.