Brown's Visit with RP

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Maderan, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

Does anyone know how it went. I've seen all the Miles info but no comment from RP after he visited with Brown. Anyone got some info?

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Here is the news on RP. Feb 2 he will sign the dottted line and will no longer be able to play folks like a someone directing an orchestra. If this kid has half a brain he must be having the time of his life. :dis:

I typed in Ryan P on the search engine for this site and got 45 threads.

3. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I kind of enjoy the recruiting end of all this. Its fun to try to look beyond these kids comments and their actions to try to figure out what they are gonna do. Yeah, I know that on Feb.2 we will know but I guess its in my nature to look at all the little pieces of the process and try to conclude an outcome (I'm a stock broker). So if anyone does have any info on how the RP meeting with Mack went, please post.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If you go to the advocate (Baton Rouge Paper) in the sports section there is an article about it. He said he had a great visit with Mack Brown and whoever their OC is and he just loves Brown and UT and that right now it is still UT.

In short, he is probably going to UT, probably has already made that decision but is having fun getting all the attention.

5. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I agree, and he'll be laughing his ass off :lol::lol::lol: over all the fuss we're making about it[​IMG]

6. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

If you were already comitted to a school then why would you pick a hat out on signing day. What would be the meaning of it. He is not commited anywhere right now.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Analysis: Perrilloux's UT choice in peril?

Web Posted: 01/16/2005 12:00 AM CST

Dan McCarney
    Express-News Staff Writer

Louisiana quarterback Ryan Perrilloux told everyone who would listen during his weeklong stay in San Antonio that he fully intends to honor his commitment to Texas.

So, why does nobody believe him?

Perhaps it's the official visits he has planned to Miami, Florida State, Mississippi State and LSU.

Or maybe observers are anticipating the full-court press that new Tigers coach Les Miles is in the process of unleashing in an effort to sway what many consider the top high school prospect in the United States.

Whatever the reason, it's still anyone's guess as to where Perrilloux will end up come national signing day on Feb. 2.

Not even Perrilloux's high school coach has any idea what his baby-faced prodigy will do.

"He keeps saying Texas, but everyone else tells me LSU," Larry Dauterive said.

It wouldn't be a complete disaster for UT should Perrilloux decide to go elsewhere.

"They've still got the makings of an outstanding class, no matter what happens with Ryan," national recruiting analyst Tom Lemming said.

But considering that this would be the second-straight year the Longhorns would have failed in their attempt to bring in a blue-chip quarterback — remember Rhett Bomar? — it definitely wouldn't be good.

Perrilloux's choice ultimately will boil down to playing time. Unless Longhorns starter Vince Young magically develops passing touch, he will almost certainly be under center in Austin for two more years.

Perrilloux knows this, and it will be a major factor in his decision. With that in mind, call it a dead heat with 17 days to go.

UT's chances: 50/50.

>the rest here<

8. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Its not just enjoying all the attention. Yes, that's a very big part of it. That's probably a big part of those other official visits to Miami and wherever else. However, this kid has been to LSU's practices, to LSU to hang out with players and just to have lunch with the coaches. I don't think he's doing that for attention. I think he's genuinely torn between the 2 schools.

I was in the same situation, I was deciding whether to go to LSU or Texas and it was a tough decision.

Texas has very good academics and a very good football team, a nice city in Austin and a long line of great athletes and succesfull people coming from there.

LSU has good academics but is on the rise up and a very good football team. It's close to home and the real selling point for me was the atmosphere around LSU's campus. I just love the people.
    However, LSU is fairly segregrated for a modern college - there's even a "black section" at the football games, not because they have to but because they want to.
    Texas is very, very diverse and Austin (including UT) is filled with some of the wierdest people you'd ever meet in your life.

This is all just on the surface of it - stuff that effects regular students. RP still has to consider playing time and who can better develop his skills.

It's a very tough decision and I can't blame any of these kids for flip-flopping like John Kerry because I was gung-ho Texas throughout highschool until very late senior year I visited LSU as my back up school and loved it.

9. philter

philter Founding Member

Funny you should say that, Brandon LaFell just came back from his visit and he had a 180degree view on that:

Just goes to show you different people have different views on the same thing quite often.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I have 3 black friends. It's not a matter of black people and white people not hanging out or not liking each other. It's not segregated in that sense.

But as one of my black friends put it, "there's not all that many of us here, so we tend to stick together."

Maybe its kind of segregated everywhere. I don't know. What are other schools like?

All I have visited is University of Texas, which is incredibly diverse of every ethnicity and Texas A&M which is incredibly non-diverse, of anyone - color, political views, or sexual orientation. Friends I have at Mississippi schools tell me it's terrible everywhere in that state - not just segregation but the racism on both sides.