Buddy Diliberto dies - apparent heart attack

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Jan 7, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What he said.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

This thread wasn't complete without that heart-felt bit of reminiscence and introspective commentary...

Sometimes, I wonder why we don't pay YOU to post here, islstl...

3. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Same here. He had false teeth, so that explains some of it.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

He got 2 paragraphs in the Houston sports section. One about how long he was a sportscaster, and 2 that he invented the "baghead" method of expressing displeasure with your pro sports franchise.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

God Bless him and his family.

6. friday

friday Founding Member

Buddy D, as we all know, was a new orleans icon. whether his lack of command of the english language irked you or made you laugh, he is going to sorely missed in n'awlins. I remember when hap glaudi passed away not so long ago as hap and buddy D were really the first TV and radio personalities in the city. so many people looked to buddy for some comic relief at the end of a bad day. it's a sad day which will impact a lot of people somehow in the city of new orleans.

7. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I still miss Hap. He was the best. Buddy D will be missed, too.

8. dupzales

dupzales Founding Member

I hope Hokie Gajan gets the replacement gig. He knows football, and over the last year he demonstrated that he wasn't afraid to criticize the Saints organization when they did something stupid. Pretty colorful speech and phrases, could fit in well.

9. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

I like Hoke too, but don't think he can carry an entire show. He needs to be teamed up with someone. I'd like it to be Hokie and Kenny Wilkerson, but the gig is more than likely going to Kaare.

10. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

The "old" New Orleans media personalities are/were always unique in sports media. They seem to embody that unique New Orleans feeling that you just can't describe....Everytime one of them passes, it's like losing a part of your childhood.....Hap G., Buddy D., Morgus the Magnificent, Don Westbrook and Al Duckworth (were there ever cooler 70's weather dudes?), HEK, and Frank Davis....I know some of them are still around, but I grew up watching 'em and it makes me feel old to see 'em gettin' old and being replaced with national corporate mannequins :( :( :(

RIP Buddy D.