Buffalo Wild Wings

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by SyrTiger, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

My roommate used to work at Wing Stop. They suck. Their prices are high and they dump a whole bottle of sauce on a dozen wings. They should have only a little bit of sauce, enough to cover the wing, not enough to drown it. Maybe that's just because his place was filled with potheads who didn't care, IDK, but BWW is better than they are. BWW doesn't deliver so maybe that's the difference. Wing stop, I didn't think the cajun sauce was bad.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I haven't had that problem.

Cajun is bad though. I stick with the original only.

Never liked BBW because the meat has a plastic texture IMO. Some of the flavors are good though.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Spicy Garlic all the way....

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I ate at Wild Wings last night. I'd say that the wings were a bit smaller and not quite as good as Pluckers. But they were WAY cheaper, gave more blue cheese and didn't charge me for celery. I'll go back.

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I had the same experience at my place when they first opened up. For some reason they were really small the first few weeks, but then after that they were normal size.

Also, a tip is if you go again is to keep the coupon and call in the comment number. My uncle does it and they ask 3 questions about it. They are always really simple and it doesn't take any time. You get 6 free wings for the next visit(maybe a 2 week time frame to use it). Since we go a lot it adds up. Something to consider if you return.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Gonna be going to the one by campus on Wednesday nights for trivia.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I do the lunch trivia. Not a big fan of Wild Wings so I usually go to Mugshots here in Baton Rouge.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Went to the one in Morehead City, NC last week. Much better than I expected, but not the best. The greyhound bus terminal comment is right on. I had heard they were real expensive, but they weren't that bad. At least for lunch.

We had 36 for a teachers' retirement and they did a good job on serving a bunch at near the same time. The guy beside me got a burger and it looked better than my wings.

FYI: If any of you find yourself up this way, Raps, on the main street in Morehead (local sports bar) has much better wings.