Bush and Cheney, Cowards of Vietnam

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Feb 8, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

I see where Bush will finally agree to "release" his complete National Guard records.

There is nothing to indicate that Bush ever reported for duty at his supposed final posting in Alabama in the early 1970's. Although Bush was a pilot and and officer, his own supposed commanding officer at that post has stated in the past that he never remembers Bush being there.

It goes farther than that. It was well known that the Texas Air National Guard would never be sent to Vietnam, so there were a lot of people wanting to get into it to avoid going to the war.

Our heroic President, George W. Bush, was one of them. When one pilot position in it became open, Georgie Boy got it even though several pilots with much more experience had applied for it.

What a surprise that Daddy Bush could get his son in.

There is also no record that Bush ever flew for the Air Force after they began regularly drug testing pilots.

Dick Cheney stayed out of Vietnam by using a series of student deferments. As he has stated, he had "better things" to do than serve in Vietnam. I guess he is good at sending people to war, just as long as he doesn't go himself.

I find it appropriate that a war in Iraq, mainly supported by yellow bellied flag waving chicken hawks, who support war as long as they can watch it from the comfort of their living rooms, is being led by two yellow bellied chicken hawks in Bush and Cheney.

2. dmonte1

dmonte1 Freshman

You missed something, bush's C.O. took back his comments. He said that he wasn't sure if Bush showed up or not. He could not remember. I'm sure that you'd rather be led by a guy who went to war and then came back and started major protests and rallies to show a lack of support for soldiers who were still overseas.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i surely would have used student deferments myself to stay away from vietnam. i dont see anything wrong with that.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Klinton almost cost another Vietnam
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clark told the historian that he chafed during the war at having to submit individual bombing targets to the White House and the French government for approval. He said Clinton reviewed them directly, apparently because of embarrassment over the U.S. military's 1998 bombing of a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan. He also quoted a deputy French defense minister as acknowledging that Paris rejected some of his target choices simply for the sake of "saying no."

Clark said his reaction was to ask for approval to bomb "more than you expect" to get.

6. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I'd be curious from hearing from a rock-ribbed Republican, I think you and myself have made our opinions clear.
    Does Dick Cheney have any redeeming values?
    I can't think of any.

7. CottonBowl'66

ROFLMAO

I am not interested in right wing propaganda. When your commanding officer does not remember you serving in his unit, and you are supposed to be a pilot, it speaks for itself.

There is nothing to indicate that Bush ever reported for duty in Alabama. There is also no record that Bush ever flew a plane for the Air Force after they regularly started drug testing pilots.

Both of those things are fact.

Bush's Daddy pulled strings to get his son into the Texas Air National Guard so he would not have to go to Vietnam. That is clear.

What is clear is that a Christian, Vietnam combat veteran, who is loyal to his wife and family, is not considered a good American by the right wing if he happens to be a Democrat.

On the other hand, a gay, womanizing, drug abusing, ex-alcoholic, who used his Daddy's influence to avoid Vietnam, then stopped reporting for military duty, will be defended as a Great American by you dittoheads if he is a Republican.

Just another reason to have nothing but utter contempt for you and your kind.

8. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Gay???

Never heard that one. And it doesn't exactly fit with womanizing. Care to expand on it?

9. CottonBowl'66

No reason why he can't be both. He also can get a woman pregnant and pay for her abortion and then claim to be against abortion. Rumors are rumors, just that.

10. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I believe that is called being heteroflexible.
    You'd have to consult either the San Francisco Examiner newspaper, law review articles or the cirriculum at any prestigious liberal arts college to keep up with such terms.