Bush funeral

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by watson1880, Dec 5, 2018.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Uh, you think they created a new and special network just for the Bush tribute? It was all over tv. Had to syupplant something.

2. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

You still did not have to turn on the TV. Or you could have watched Hallmark Christmas movies. LOL

LSUTiga and COTiger like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Don't laugh, I love those.

4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I was in Houston. His carcass moving through cost me time. And the coverage really screwed up a few DVR recordings. And now taxpayer money has to support one of our modern day pyramids in College Station. Weird that most Americans support this crap.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That place is cult central. A modern day pyramid gets lost in all the smoke from the dude chanting gayness that people actually allow, on purpose AND call fun. It's their way of keeping the gen pop out.

6. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

It was a befitting goodbye for the man. I disagreed with some of his politics but there was never any denying that he was a gentleman and beloved by his family and friends. I hate to see so many attacking him now because he hasn't toed the Trump line.

dachsie and mctiger like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"A third woman is accusing former President George H.W. Bush of grabbing her backside — and making the same corny “David Cop-a-Feel” joke. Kline and her husband, David, greeted the wheelchair-bound Bush just before posing for a group photo.

“You’re beautiful,” the 41st president told her.

She thanked him and the then-89-year-old remarked that she was a writer.

“You wanna know my favorite book?” he whispered.

Bush, Kline and her husband then readied themselves for the photographer.

“President Bush put his arm around me, low on my back. His comic timing was impeccable,” Kline recalled. “‘David Cop-a-feel,’ he said, and squeezed my butt, hard, just as the photographer snapped the photo. "

Spokesperson Jim McGrath put out a statement...."At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures. To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women’s rears...."

Yeah, that would put me at ease....Gampy grabbing my ass while telling a tired old joke. Facking old perv.

Frogleg likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

I'll give a 93 year old the benefit of the doubt. Age affects people's minds differently and can make them do things that are otherwise uncharacteristic. It would be one thing if he had a reputation as a perv but the man had an impeccable reputation. Who hasn't had an elderly loved one who started behaving out of character or said/done something embarassing in their later years? Geez....

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Most. Far and away most people’s elderly loved ones don’t start sexually harassing people.

10. Tiger in NC

It would be one thing if the man had a history of doing so. People who are typically serial sexual assaulters don't get cranked up at 93, brother. Like I said, people do things out of character, especially at 93 or so. Sometimes it's of a sexual nature, sometimes something else. My father in law and I went to visit my wife's grandfather in his assisted living center. He is 95, was a preacher for many decades and has always been one of the sweetest people I've known. When we arrived we were shocked and perplexed to find him naked with the lady from next door. They were just sitting there naked beside one another on the bed. He was married to my wife's grandmother for 71 years and was always dedicated. That said, Dementia has taken his mind and he's only the shell of himself. I was actually glad that my wife hadn't come along to visit. My own grandfather also had dementia and lived to 91. He never did anything of a sexual nature but he cursed out some of his fellow deacons at church one night and my grandmother and mother were mortified and embarrassed. If you've never had a loved one like this good for you.

el005639 likes this.