Bush's New CIA Guy

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SmaxCom2, Aug 12, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think they should fire nick saban. i bet he cant even run a sub 5 second 40.

2. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I'd say he might know a little about the current situation on intelligence. What do you think, Smax?

http://portergoss.house.gov/bio.asp

Biography

Rep. Porter J. Goss
    Porter first came to Congress in 1989, and now he finds himself leading the effort to revitalize the nation’s intelligence network to better meet the terrorist threat by strengthening our human intelligence and analytical capabilities. As Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Porter was at the center of events in the Congressional investigation surrounding the September 11th terror attacks, spearheading the investigation on possible intelligence-gathering failures prior to the attacks.

Porter ran for Congress dedicated to representing the concerns of the people of Southwest Florida and to changing the way Washington works. His efforts have focused on these legislative areas: veterans, the environment, health care and national security. He’s fought to make sure our tax dollars are spent wisely, and pursued common-sense solutions to eliminate waste and streamline government bureaucracy.

A Florida resident for over 30 years, Porter understands the importance of the state’s natural resources and works hard to protect them. In particular, he has focused on preventing off-shore oil drilling and setting aside funding to restore the Everglades ecosystem. He has served on bipartisan commissions and task forces to craft proposals to make health care more affordable and accessible for everyone. He worked for 10 years to make the dream of constructing a new Veterans Outpatient Clinic in Lee County a reality. He continues to fight for fair distribution of VA dollars nationwide to ensure that those dollars go to where the veterans are. In the area of national security, Porter has traveled to war-torn cities in Eastern Europe, Latin America and Asia to engage in policy discussions and view first-hand the challenges faced by our allies. He also actively participates in the review of NATO’s response to global security issues.

Porter began his public service career when he was elected to the first Sanibel City Council in 1974 and named mayor by his fellow council members. In 1983, Porter was appointed to the Lee County Board of Commissioners by then-Governor Bob Graham. A former officer with U.S. Army Intelligence and the CIA, Porter brings personal knowledge and experience to his role as Chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. He also serves on the House Rules Committee, which is responsible for how legislation is presented on the Floor, and the new Select Committee for Homeland Security.

Porter and his wife Mariel have resided on Sanibel since 1971. They have four children and eleven grandchildren.

3. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

I see plenty of threads bashing Kerry...over a non-issue that HE made the centerpiece of his campaign, because he can't beat Pres. Bush on the real issues and he knows it.

4. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

And they should hire Billy Cannon to replace him. "He knows LSU Football inside and out".

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Just wondering, who would you have picked, Smax. I was pulling for James Earl Jones or Harrison Ford. They play pretty good CIA guys in those movies, even if they are Democrats. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need to open your eyes and see the real world Smax. Your hatred for Bush has you grasping at straws. Even the Democrats aren't upset over this choice.

6. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

Here watch the video for yourself:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=128

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

8. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

9. SmaxCom2

SmaxCom2 Founding Member

He didnt say anything about a "field agent position". He says, and I quote "I couldnt get a job at the CIA today". He didnt say "I couldnt get a job as a CIA agent today."

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I am blissfully ignorant of SmaxMonkey's post content since the ignore feature is doing it's job. But, I saw in a quote box where his source is Michael Moore? And nobody challenged him on this?