Bush's Tax Cuts Deepen Budget Deficit

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Feb 9, 2004.

1. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

I see that the Congressional Budget Office says that 36% of the projected budget deficit--which next year will be about 570 billion, if you include the Iraqi War, which Bush "forgot" to--is due to Bush's tax cuts.

So much for supply side economics, the nuttiest idea this side of Ayn Rand.

Remember that song, "Living on Tulsa Time?" Well, Bush's re-election campaign song should be entitled "Living on Borrowed Money."

Either that or "Leave No Millionaire Behind."

2. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

Yeah he's really turning off a lot of Conservatives with his spending. And it isn't even spending Liberals could agree with: Faith based initiatives, trillion dollar upper class tax cuts, uncessesary missions to mars and the moon, etc.

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

trillion dollar tax cuts to the rich? OMG not this again? trillion dollars? LMAO you are delirous sir. First of all i got a tax cut and Im not rich. second of all the rich pay excelerated taxes in this nation. check the IRS schedule its publiclly available so this argument is the easiest to refute. This argument only works as a scare tactic on the elderly and quite frankly the dumb. and those who are too lazy to go to the library and find out how the tax code breaks down. It's not that difficult.
    faith based intiatives are a matter of opinion and you're in the minority do you're along for the ride. Same goes for the mission to the moon.
    That's what is so neat about our nation and it's system of checks and balances. It's democratic, you vote, you loose, you complain, you can do so freely, you vote again, you prolly lose again, because you're not in the majority. sucks to be you, huh?

4. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

I will admit to you I don't know the tax code. I appologize. I am towing the line for the sake of argument. Although I think it was a $1.1 trillion tax cut.

As far as taxes go, I believe the rich should pay according to their ability to. And this nation has made them what they are. They should respect that. I hate when corporations move to tax havens in the Carribean.

And I think a CNN poll said the majority of those polled disagreed with the mission to the moon and mars.

5. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

"And this nation has made them what they are."

BS. They made themselves.

6. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

I want to know when letting me keep my own money became government spending. Does all of my income belong to the government and I just take home what they decide to spend on me? AARGH!!!

BTW, that's 1.1 Trillion OVER 10 YEARS. Total.

7. CottonBowl'66

What a lie. Most millionaires in America got their money the old fashioned way--they inherited it from their parents.

8. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

Actually, something like 95% of all millionaires in the US are self made.

9. CottonBowl'66

BS.

And even if most of them are "self made" they were self made under the tax code as it previously existed, and I will go so far as to say that most of the so called "self made" Millionaires became that way under Bill Clinton.

There is no need to cut taxes drastically on the rich. We were doing fine without it.

Millionaires under Bush got huge tax cuts, the working people got a little.

Because of Bush's tax cuts, we will borrow close to $600 billion next year to pay for the Iraqi occupation, the drug prescription plan, the huge military buildup, and it means we will borrow at least that much in each of the coming years. (Contrary to the fantasy budgets put out by the liar in the White House.)

Bush wants to cut taxes on rich people even more. How will we pay for that? By borrowing again. What does Bush care? He will be long gone when the bills come due.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

no one has drasticlly cut taxes on the rich. LOOK AT THE FREAKIN TAX CODE AND QUIT POSTING BLATANT LIES MORON.

HOW CAN IT BE ANY CLEAER THAN THAT.
    LOOK AT THE TAX CODE LOOK AT IT LOOK AGAIN LOOK STUPID LOOK !~!!!!!!

taxes have gone up for the middle class AND the wealthy NOT DOWN CAN YOU READ? DO YOU HAVE A FREAKIN LIBRARY CARD? IF YOU DO USE IT.

IRS.org
    Your local library.