Bush's Tax Cuts Deepen Budget Deficit

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by CottonBowl'66, Feb 9, 2004.

1. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

Who do you think 'the rich' are? Most millionaires (people whose net worth is in excess of $1M) are people who are close to retirement, if not retired already. They are people who have worked and saved all of their lives. There is a HUGE correlation between one's age and their wealth and income.

In addition, most of the people who you are talking about as being rich (high income earners) are people who work over 60 hours a week. In fact, I don't know anyone who even makes in excess of $100k who doesn't work at least 60 hours a week. People who make the millions of dollars a year have sacrificed a lot in getting to that point, both professionally and in non-professional areas of their lives.

People who take advantage of the system get press, and that makes you think that's how they all are. It couldn't be further from the truth.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

fact: any person that argues the current tax system or cuts unfairly benefit the rich simply is ignorant of the facts. these people should be directed to do some research.

3. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

What a bunch of idiots.

4. ColonelHapablap

ColonelHapablap Founding Member

I have to admit, that's a pretty convincing argument. Maybe the rich are scamming the poor. Hmmm....

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Don't you guys see what CB's problem is? He has a high school (if that) education and is working at some menial job making minimum wage and he is bitter towards those of us who are making a decent living and toward the students here who will someday have good jobs and a bright future. He's a bitter little man who is quite possibly moving toward the day when he walks into the shop and blows away his boss and a few innocent co-workers.

6. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

And I see so much evidence to support your arguments. Look, I am not interested in what Rush said during the day. Save it for one of your right wing jerk-off parties with your buddies here.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Ok brother I'll go along with that one and everything else he is can be written off as the typical jane fonda left bleeding heart liberal spew but the ONE thing that I JUST can't endure, yeah even begin to understand is HOW IN GOD"S BLUE HEAVEN DID THIS MORON BECOME A TIGER FAN? it boggles the mind and is incomprhensible to my way of thinking. I mean according to his way of Thinking Coach Saban inherited his wealth, didn't earn it, is NOT paying his share of his Taxes and is draining money from the economy.

Of course you and i know these rantings are ludicrous to say the least, BUT HOW IN GOD'S BLUE HEAVEN DID THIS MAN BECOME A PURPLE AND GOLD FAN? SHOULDN'T HE BE A BERKLEY FAN OR CAL STATE OR SOME STUPID SHIT ??????

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A man's politics have nothing to do with his Tigerness. Every part of the political spectrum is represented in Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night.