Buzz Fired at UT.......................

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TN Tiger, Mar 13, 2005.

1. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

Just broke that TN athletic director, Mike Hamilton, has fired Head Basketball Coach Buzz Peterson. It will be announced tomorrow at a press conference. Buyout will cost UT about $1.4 million.

They will be paying 3 coaches next year. Jerry Green, whom Buzz replaced, Buzz, and whoever the new guy will be. I have heard rumors that UAB coach Mike Anderson may be the man, and also the UNC Charlotte coach.

2. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

PAT SUMMIT

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

its about time if you ask me, this team never could accomplish anything, despite having some talent at times.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Think Tulane would pick up Buzz ?

5. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Can you imagine Tulane having someone named Buzz?

6. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Perry Clark apparently wants the job again and has the backing from high places.

He still looks like Alice the Goon from Popeye... can't you just hear him "...I love Popeye, I love Popeye..."

7. friday

friday Founding Member

are you kidding me? didn't perry run that program into the ground? I doubt if the greenies woudl ever consider him.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Perry moved on to greener (no pun intended) pastures after some success at Tulane. He did not run the program into the ground as you suggest. Unfortunately for him, he could not duplicate that success at Miami (I believe it was).

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Let's not forget that the CUSA becomes considerably lighter in roundball with the loss of their two top teams, Louisville and Cincinnati to the Big East.

This immediately pushes the Big East to #1 basketball conference overall. It's not even a competition.

10. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Duke(#1 seed), UNC(# 1 seed), WF(# 2 seed), Maryland(not good this year, but won a championship a few years back), GT(final game last year) just to name a few.....

I'm not saying the ACC is better than the Big East, but I would not go so far to say "It's not even a competition".