Buzz: Mark Snyder will be new LSU DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jwb0581, Jan 20, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This would make a lot of sense to me.

I think the Ohio State mess is just starting. This would just be another chapter of that up and coming saga.

2. veedo

veedo Founding Member

I hadn't thought of the upcoming NCAA sanctions that will be put on OSU. THis would be a great scenario for Snyder. The talent is there for a top defense and the offense will be one of the best in the country. If Snyder can put a top 10 defense on the field, and I don't see any reason why he can't do better than that, then this team should be unbeatable. Snyder can really make a name for himself here at LSU and may be able to put himself in line for the head job at OSU, if that is where he wants to end up.

That being said, I will reserve my predictions until I see how this team responds in Spring practice and what kind of shape their in after the summer.

3. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

That being said, I will reserve my predictions until I see how this team responds in Spring practice and what kind of shape their in after the summer.[/QUOTE]

Did we not retain our strength coach. If so we will be fine as far as conditioning goes He will make sure of it

4. veedo

veedo Founding Member

Did we not retain our strength coach. If so we will be fine as far as conditioning goes He will make sure of it[/QUOTE]

He didn't make sure of it last year. Didn't a lot of the team come in out of shape. We did make some strides at the end of the season and were very well conditioned, I think that we struggled early on.

5. stamant79

He didn't make sure of it last year. Didn't a lot of the team come in out of shape. We did make some strides at the end of the season and were very well conditioned, I think that we struggled early on.[/QUOTE]

By NS standards the team was out of shape but compared to the rest of the teams I would say the were already a step ahead.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They were all in very good shape when they left for home a few weeks before the fall season began but too many of them sat on their butts in early August evidentally. The coach can give them a great program but if they don't follow it when he's not around it won't do much good. Spears is the one who surprised me the most when he was not in great shape.

7. stamant79

These are college kids. No program in the country will have their kids return in mid season form. Not even the great USC Georgia or any of them. This is why yuo must have a great strength and conditioning program like we do.

8. jwb0581

jwb0581 Founding Member

As a coach I know this personally that there is often a struggle between wanting to condition them hard, and then knowing that when you can't be around them they will sit on their butts, or conditioning them light and hoping they'll be hungry when you're not around. It's not easy.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The 2003 team did, they set out to become the bes tthey could be as soon as the Cotton Bowl was over and when they reported to camp in August Saban said it was the best conditioned team he had ever tested in the NFL or in college. 4 months later they won the NC.

10. stamant79

And how many times in the history of college football do you believe this has happened? This is an the exception. I am not saying it cant happen just not typically and it may not happen that much .