BYE BYE BABY!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerdog007, Apr 2, 2004.

1. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

won't get drafted

Davis won't even get drafted. He'll be at LSU guys. Don't worry. Brandon Bass is ten times the player Glenn Davis is and Bass isn't going nowhere yet. Glenn Davis will be at LSU. Mark it!

2. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

That's right, mark it down!!! Davis will average a double-double next year @ LSU. It will be the second coming of Shaq and Stanley, only they will actually make it past the second round of the NCAA's before they graduate

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

That would be good news for Coach Saban. After the draft, when no one drafted him, he could sign with the Tgers next year and play any position on the line that he desires.
    While I think he will be an excellent college basketball player, I don't believe he will ever play in the NBA.

4. BB

BB Founding Member

BEFORE THEY GRADUATE - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Like these kids stay 4 years in college...

5. jcnumberone

jcnumberone Founding Member

you're right, I meant before their playing days are over b/c I do not see them staying past their junior years respectively.

6. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

big mistake if he goes pro, a 6'8 325 pound 18 year old will not make a team

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

So what.

It's all about the $$$ nowadays anyway.

Even if he doesn't make an NBA team he can always play overseas.

Like anybody's gonna talk any sense into an 18 year old head.

He might be a Big Baby but hell, he's his own man!

Besides, he's got skills and needs that new Escalade and some bling!!!!!

Don't call that boy greedy!!!!!!

The system AND the player are BOTH wack.

RIP major college hoops

College football soon to follow.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

PS to my above post.

I JUST read the article and it says "Escalade".

I called it.

And I'm callin' this too: He's gone.

But it's OK because it's ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$.

WHAT A FREAKIN' JOKE.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Jermaine O'Neal, Kwame Brown, LeBron, Jonathan Bender, Garnett, and Kobe were all better served jumping straight into the rigors of the league straight out of high school.

You're not counted on to produce immediately (save for James), and you get to work without the spotlight as you would in college. There aren't any pressures, least of all financially or academically, other than to just practice and get better.

In some cases (like Garnett and Bryant) they were allowed to develop on the court. But, there was no pressure to be "the man" like there would have been from day one on a collegiate campus.

Most importantly, their transition into the league is at a much faster rate.

Think of it this way...Why worry with grades, girlfriends, a sh!tty coach like Brady, the expectations of rabid fans who expect you to uplift their program and put off lining your own pockets (Which is the ultimate goal of any current student's academic mission-furthering their monetary futures)...and lest we not forget, why worry with school and playing out of position and/or being injured?

The end of the bench is much more advantageous for the straight from high school player...

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

ack, i hope you are wrong. but what you say is true. the nba taking kids from hi school is bad for college basketball. i wish they could be like football and have an age restriction. but then the bastards in the government will tell them how they are to run their own league, and who they have to draft.

i am not saying that it is wrong of the nba to take big baby, or wrong of him to go. all i am saying is that it is unfortunate for college basketball, and that it might be cool if they restricted themselves like the nfl did. the popularity of college football is great for the NFL, or at least it seems that way to me.

so maybe by restricting themselves from these kids, the kids would be forced to hone their games in college, and that might increase our national love for the sport of basketball, which would help the NBA, as well as make for a great training ground for the NBA, who could save money and not need the developmental league.

surely it is obvious that no court of governmental agency should tell any sport who they have to allow in. the maurice clarett thing is ludicrous.