BYE BYE BABY!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerdog007, Apr 2, 2004.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

because a monopoly is the market. the government intervention is an outside force acting as a restrictor on the market.

don't worry, if microsoft gets too powerful, we can run linux. if enough of us run linux, microsoft will change to reflect what consumers want. if the NFL gets too powerful and starts to suck or charge way too much, somebody will resurrect the XFL or something similar. if one company tries to take over everything and gouge prices there will be a competetitor to offer cheaper prices and make the consumer happy and make a profit.

as long as the market is free from intervention, there is competition. when a company becomes so successful that they diominate the market, i say god for them, people apparently like their products and they create jobs. restrict them and you hurt them, thier profits, their employees, their stockholders, and the economy, while artificially propping up a company that was less successful with our tax dollars. i would rather take those tax dollars and use them to prop up the other competitor, if they have better products or services.

i will leave it at that, unless this topic ends up at free speech alley.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

So, it doesn't matter that a league would make a rule that would infringe upon a Constitutional Amendment like freedom from age discrimination...

In other words, if a league makes a rule in direct and knowing contravention to the United States Constitution, it's not the role of government to intervene on behalf of the US public its charged to govern, protect and represent (and of which Clarett is considered a part of)?

Also, if a league which offers open employment to anyone who has the PHYSICAL ability to play, and has openings for players who have those abilities, would discriminate based on race, regardless of whether the players it discriminates based on race against show they have the physical requirements to play and the demand is there for them to play, then it's not the government's job to allow them to be free from this discrimination, and conversely, NOT to allow the league in question to discriminate based on this situation?

Basically, you think the Constitution of this nation is incorrect, then...

Constitutional Amendments made that ban the act of discrimination based on age and race are in fact, not "right" in your book?

Please...explain...

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Going back to Davis. Davis maybe unsure at this point. If Brady has any recruiting skills, now's his chance.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

if you want to post a defense of anti-discrimination laws on free speech alley, i would read it and probably respond. this doesnt have much to do with big baby.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Interesting...You start making a statement about Maurice Clarett, and you make that statement, here on the Tiger's Den...

I challenge you on it, and it suddenly becomes a topic for Free Speech Alley.

No one can question your thoughts, and if they do, it suddenly becomes non germane to the current argument...You talk about me dancing, but it looks like you're the one watching John Travolta movies...

7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

TE & Martin-

Please continue your conversation via PM or another thread.

Thanks.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

dont blame me i told the dude four times to quit bugging me about that stuff on this thread!

but anyways, sorry bout that.

10. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

YEAH GO HI-JACK ANOTHER DAMN THREAD. :dis: :cuss: :angry: :mad: