Bye Bye Gumps...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Nov 10, 2012.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

He went to Costco for some more Kleenex. Was all over us last week with the "great game, guys--but this is our year" stuff.

Both Bama and LSU are top teams--and losses hurt. This is Bama's week to swallow the bitter pill. Take it without water--that's what we had to do last week.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

Puss12 does have a conference championship.

But I am with you on the gumps. The taste of their tears will help me sleep tonight.

fanatic likes this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Sorry should've said little 12...

Only 2 teams that have a shot if they win out will be Oregon of course, and Bama... Bama getting the benefit over Notre Lame and K State due to the SECCG. And if they have a good showing against another ranked team (UGA), that should be enough to put them over the other 0 loss teams.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I am not as much of an ALA/Saban hater as others on here, but man was I ecstatic with A&Ms win last night. After what happened in the NCG and last week, it is so good to see them exposed and hopefully exit the NC picture. I am really tired of ALA posters on our site boasting week after week about Bama this, and Bama that. It has fueled my dislike of them. I would much rather see them lose and the SEC possibly not have a representative in the NCG this year.

gyver likes this.
  5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The politics of the BCS in its final year don't favor Bama if KState and ND win out. If they drop to #4 in the polls, Saban's going to need the extra-strength knee pads and a ton of jaw exercises to get the voters to bump them to #2 in the polls to even have a shot.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not this year. If there are 2 unbeatens, regardless of what combination of KState, Oreg, or ND it is, those 2 will play for the NC. If all 3 are unbeaten, one of them is going to get shut out of the BCS title game, just like AU did in '05 or '06.

7. cwatsn

cwatsn Loyal Servant

So right...one of the many examples of why their fanbase is a bunch of arrogant, classless delusionoids.

The word all week on their boards was "who do you think we will be playing in the NCG."

Their arrogance and total lack of respect for their opponents is sickening.

I would love to see the SEC take another crystal ball, but not by this POS team.

gynojunkie and gyver like this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Nick can whine his way into another championship from there.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Not if two of the three remain unbeaten. This is the year of the SEC backlash. And, ironically, all because of the voters allowing the unthinkable last year--an all SEC championship game.

TigerTap likes this.
  10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Nick will put on the kneepads and hit the ESPN offices, the SEC--hell, even the mens room at Tuscaloosa Regional--whatever it takes to make sure that Bama gets a ticket to the big dance.

GregLSU likes this.