Byron Scott Fired

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Nov 12, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm so glad I'm not an NBA fan because this would piss me off.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

Wow. Just read the notes from the press conference on NOLA.com, and the two worst parts of this ordeal are...

And

They're probably going to have to pay Byron for the rest of the season, which has led to this awful penny-pinching maneuver. This also means that… they’re… not… looking… for… a… coach.

Double ouch.

Bower is, in my opinion, a bad GM. Couple that with the fact that he has zero head coaching experience, and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that this is very, very bad.

Let’s not forget his new main man: Tim Floyd. Floyd coached the Hornets to a .500 season, this after winning 20% of his games coaching four years in Chicago.

The NOLA press conference notes also said…

Seriously, who the hell thinks this is a good idea?

New Orleans Hornets press conference updates of Byron Scott firing | New Orleans Hornets Central - - NOLA.com

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

lol, this keeps getting better and better!

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I don't follow the NBA that closely, but I thought Scott was doing a good job with the Hornets, notwithstanding the slow start this year...

:geauxtige

5. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I'm a fan of the Hornets, but Scott always seemed very cocky to me. And he was pushing for the Hornets to lean toward Oklahoma during the Katrina fiasco.

This move seems real crazy, but something big must have been going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. GM with no experience as head coach and Floyd as the assistant??? Maybe they're trying out Floyd without naming him the head coach? Just weird...

This should get interesting.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

It's already beyond interesting. This should just get uglier and uglier.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A moment from the press conference I'll bet did not happen:

Hornets VP Hugh Weber: "question from the back row."

Me: "Mr. Weber, a moment ago you said the franchise is not in rebuilding mode. Can you explain what progress you feel you've made by replacing a former NBA Coach of the Year with a man who's never coached so much as a junior high team, and a former coach who won less than 50% of his games the last time he was here?"

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Not only that, please explain to me why people who have been Hornets leave and succeed elsewhere? J.R. Smith, Chris Andersen, Brandon Bass, who else?

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Actually, I'd have to blame Smith and Bass on Scott. He's the one who buried those guys on the bench instead of finding ways to use them. Andersen...that's Bowers' decision not to re-sign him, although Scott probably had some input. Meanwhile, we hang on 2 utterly useless vets in Peterson and Armstrong.

10. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

The Birdman was suspended for two years. He is the one to blame.

This move surprised me, the Hornets just had back to back terrific seasons and they pull this crap so early in the season. I've seen a couple of games and they have looked awful. The team is 3 million over the salary cap and basically has no support for CP3. This is all the GM's fault, although, I must say the team has been playing really crappy. I was watching last night's game and they put not effort whatsoever. The game was over in t he first quarter as the Suns scored 40 points. This is a shame, I think CP3 will vault the Hornets the first chance he gets and that's really unfortunate.