C. Babineaux

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, May 22, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

The Jackson newspaper had an article about this weekend series. It said Babineaux really wanted to play well because all of his kin folk were big tiger fans. Someone called him and left the tiger fight song on his recorder. He said he hoped his aunt would be able to attend at least one game. It seems his aunt is the governor of Louisiana!!!!!!!! Looks like he had a pretty good game Friday. I hope it is another good one today. :) :) :thumb:

2. edyel

edyel edyel

We were never an LSU family," Babineaux said. "We were always Lafayette. Nowhere in any of our houses was there purple and gold."
    This is a quote from him in today's BR Advocate. His aunt isn't a fan of LSU either. :shock:

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Sorry. I kind of scanned the article. I thought they were Tiger fans. Anyway, our governor can beat your governor. (Maybe) :) :911:

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

ROFL. You didn't even look at it if that is what you took away from it. Nobody on this forum loves Blanco, as her husband is an administrative official at ULL and her whole family, as mentioned in the article, is ULL people.

You can rest assured that most of us voted for Jindal.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This was in the Lafayette paper:

Babineaux clubs homer
    Blanco’s nephew smashes home run to help beat LSU.
    Gannett News Sevice

May 22, 2004

OXFORD, Miss. – This was no Little League game, but there was Charlie Babineaux on a phone home to Louisiana to Aunt Kathleen with admiring teammates, family and fans all around him.

“I hit a home run,” he said as if on cue.

http://www.acadiananow.com/sports/html/7296FA16-2343-4824-8FE8-545E8647BF32.shtml

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

it's amazing it took another cajun to beat our boys, the rest of the Ole Miss crew sure couldn't do it. the game was alot closer than you think, I was there. if that's the best Ole Miss can do then it should be a tight series. they made more errors and flat out dropped TWO fly balls that lead to LSU runs.

Your boy from Layfeyette won the game for you. He might again who knows but it's sure to be a good series. I don't think the Tigers are going to give up.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

That's obvious.

The Gov isn't a LSU fan . . . we know that, unfortunately.

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Still . . . there are the majority of Cajuns who salute LSU as the flagship university of our fierce State.

If some misguided USL fans hate LSU, then let them stew in their own hate and become lesser men for their efforts.

LSU has bigger fish to fry.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I went to USL but I bleed purple and gold and most of my friends that I went to USL with did the same, even the ones from the Lafayette area. We made bunches of road trips to LSU in college and went to almost all of the football games as it was easy to get in back then. I think most of the USL graduates did not harbor any ill will towards LSU back then and there were many Tiger boosters in the area. I wonder sometimes if this more of an uppercrust thing more so than the regular folk.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Ole Miss' announcers today said that Babineaux and LSU Hebert have been best friends since they were 8 yrs old, they live 3 house away from each other in New Iberia.