CA Supreme Court Upholds Prop 8

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tigerbnd05, May 26, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

god made them sterile. btw, fertile couples also cant have sex if the woman is pregnant or if the woman isnt ovulating.:nope:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:tigereye:

but by the "rules"supa is quoting it doesnt matter who or how one (or both) of the partners got sterile, if the act of sex isnt ALSO for procreation, it is a sin.

just for the record, i dont buy that ****, im just sayin....

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Contraception willfully takes the procreative act out of sex. In the case when natural processes such as age or natural infertility take out the possibility of procreation sex is not considered depraved because the intent to avoid the natural ends of sex is not present.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

We can determine it from our own reason. Biology and reflection of the natural world are positive indicators.

The first part is correct. The second part I disagree. Sex with a wife who is not ovulating is not closed to procreation. No barrier is being placed in the way of conception other than a natural one. The same is true for the pregnant woman. There is no willful intent not to conceive, so there is no sin.

Put differently the sex act has to be open to procreation, but the intent does not have to be to conceive a child.

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ok, makes more sense now (i still disagree). but does this mean that you cant pray that she doesnt get pregnant?:)

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

what i want to know is how many men on this forum who are against homosexuality have seen 2 hot females getting it on, and have turned their head in disgust.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

So it is actually worse to masturbate than to have gay sex.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ok, then back to one of the original topics of the thread. where in all the rules does marriage fit in? and by that i mean marriage between either same sex couples, or marriage between a man and a woman?

i mean if playing by all these rules, and if procreation is out the window due to natural processes, then marriage is not intended for the purpose of having children. so in that case what is marriage other than a piece of paper?

which brings up the question, why the hell am i married? for the legal benefits?

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If you cannot have children according to science, that does not mean that you cannot have children according to God. Lots of folks have little miracles all the time. You have to be willing to lovingly accept a child if God should see fit to grace you with one. Homosexuals cannot naturally have children through sex. So homosexual and barren heterosexual unions are not quite the same.

10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I'm guessing it's because your parents would've kicked your a$$ for living w/ a greenie under any other circumstances.

1 person likes this.