Cajun pork loins

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by col reb, Apr 14, 2006.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

About thirty years ago, my boss in BR cooked this for the employees. I loved it and asked for the receipe. He gave it to me and said, "See dis pretty red stuff in dis bottle? The more of dis you use, the better it turns out." Yep!! Canneye (sp?) pepper. It was new to me. Inexpensive. Hey, why not. If more is better, let's make them really good. I cooked them. Had to eat ice cream afterwards just so when I went to the bathroom later on, I could plead, "Come on ice cream!!!!!":hihi: The next day, I told another cajun friend about it and told him we had plenty of leftovers. "Can't get too hot for me," he said. Took him home for lunch. "Whew!! Da hot!!!", he said as tears rolled down his face. So use the pepper as you so desire.:hihi:

CAJUN PORK LOINS

1) I buy a family pack of pork loins
    2) canneye pepper
    3) salt and pepper
    4) small bottle of Kitchen Boquet(sp) (pronounced boo k)

Lightly salt and pepper pork loins. Sprinkle the canneye lightly. The more you use, the hotter the loins. Place loins in a large pan. (I have a plastic one I use) Pour the Kitchen Boquet on the loins. Rub the loins with this to fully cover each one. They will turn real dark, almost black. Put on grill. Does not take long to cook. If you don't overcook them, they will be tender and have great taste. We like potatoe salad and baked beans with garlic bread with this meal.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Try it sometime with one of the garlic pepper sauces. They are less hot than the pure cayenne and much more flavorful when seasoning a piece of meat. I like the one called "Garlic Power."

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Will do. Thanks.:911:

4. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

spelling... cayenne pepper.