California is SO bad that

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bayou Tiger, Jan 16, 2018.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Hello lamppost, what'cha knowin',.. I've come to watch your flowers growin',.. lookin' for fun and feeling groovy.

Mornin' vball,.. sunny blue skies

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Frogleg likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Tuesday he's abandoning a plan to build a high-speed rail line between Los Angeles and San Francisco, a project with an estimated cost that has ballooned to $77 billion.

"Let's be real," Newsom said in his first State of the State address. "The current project, as planned, would cost too much and respectfully take too long. There's been too little oversight and not enough transparency."

The idea championed by Newsom's predecessor, Jerry Brown, is years behind schedule. The latest estimate for completion is 2033.

Newsom, though, said he wants to finish construction that's already under way on a segment of the high-speed train from Bakersfield to Merced, through California's Central Valley, arguing it will revitalize the economically depressed region."

Gee, any chance taxpayers will get any of the wasted money back?

And that dumb cunt Occasional Cortex wants to build a hi-speed rail coast-to-coast. Hilarious.

Winston1 and Frogleg like this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Wow. We need private industry to take the lead on this - i heard Elon is boring a tunnel from LA to SF. (Like he's on a Tunneler right now, as i type this - probably smoking a blunt).

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I guess Gavin didn’t check with AOC on the wonderful economics of the New Green whatever.

Frogleg likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's another aspect unto itself. That stupid Green Deal demands union jobs and yet it's union mismanagement and lack of oversight and skills that have caused so much of the overruns in CA.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not union mismanagement but union corruption. Featherbedding, corrupt leadership and being more concerned with Democrat politics not looking out for members killed them.

watson1880 likes this.
  8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I cant wait to retire and get out of California. The taxes and cost of everything. This place is like a Bama Whorehouse.

They don't care who they screw and the cost just keep going up.

9. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

You can damn well believe that the reason he wants it there is that its a land grab from farmers who can't afford to fight it.
    Something similar is going on in Texas but the property rights are stronger here and land owners are unitied in their objection to the rail between Houston and Dallas. Surveyors can't come on the properties without a court order and they have been shot down at every court case so far.

watson1880 likes this.