Vote Now! California's water problem

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Apr 2, 2015.

?

Is the California drought a direct result of climate change?

1. Well most climate scientists agree so yes

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Wild guess yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes you'd have to be an idiot to think it's not

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. No, climate change hasn't had anything to do with it

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. No there is not enough data to support this claim

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  6. No, Climate change is a hoax

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Wild guess No

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Worse would be to stubbornly do nothing just because Nigeria can do nothing. It's not a matter of stepping on toes. It's a matter of what is possible.

That is some severe convoluted logic. You suggest that the science must be wrong because we are not willing to go to war to force the world to comply. Just like the "stop-burning-fuel" tree huggers, you would trade an impending environmental problem for a much worse and immediate martial, economic, social, and political problem.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I never said do "nothing". You did.

I never said war once. YOU DID.

What I am saying is that if this is serious, we must act serious or it really is all for not. Really, what would it matter what we do if we allow emerging economies to simply continue to ruin it? China, India, and others are decades behind us. Decades.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Actually we can, we just don't want too.

What gives them the right? They made their own right.

What about WMD's again?

4. red55

You have suggested that US attempts to address AGW should not be done if India and China cannot match us.

You have repeatedly questioned why we do not 'force" them to reduce carbon emissions. How else is one supposed to take that? Should we spank them and send them to bed? Don't ask me questions if you must object to the way I choose to answer it.

We can reduce it by a huge amount because we generate a huge amount. This is not a zero-sum game. Every bit we contribute helps the global picture. I do not advocate letting China and India totally off the hook, only that it is disingenuous to refuse to address it ourselves just because they cannot afford to address it in like fashion. We have some corporate profits at risk, they have millions of lives at risk.

5. red55

What is the difference? We don't want to because it is ineffective, causes more trouble than it solves, and places us in endless war footing with every country that becomes modern and ambitious like us. Better to engage these countries in being even more like us and understand that we are trying hard to get rid of weapons.

So what? They are allies that stood by us in Afghanistan and we stood by them in Libya. That is the way alliances work.

What about them? More questions. If you have a point just make it.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I have suggested no such thing. YOU have said it is about our future. SCIENCE says there is no future unless the world changes!!!

Again, YOU said it is about our future. Science says there will be no future. The US and Europe is not enough to stop it.

Again, I never said anything of the sort that we do nothing. Read better.

Yea lol the best way to get the world to disarm is by us arming even more LOL that'll shown em. You realize like "us" means nukes, large military's, and doing whatever the fuck it is we want right?

So you agree that it doesn't matter "what gives us the right" so long as the outcome is justifiable...

Thanks!

You cannot in one thread say Bush was a liar that started a war for no reason and then say 9/11 was the reason for illegally crossing boarders as justification. it doesn't work like that.

It was still illegal. We just all happen to agree that sometimes you break the rules.

7. red55

Science say nothing of the kind.

Science says nothing of the kind.

You are just being contrary now and starting to bore me.

No, I realize nothing of the kind.

You are batting .000 today, Slugger. It's OK to just drop it if you have nothing more to say.

I can say anything I damn well please and I can count on you to get it all completely wrong. Look, we went to war in Afghanistan after 9/11 versus Bin Ladin and Al Qaeda--entirely justified. The Invasion of Iraq--which had nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11--was the war started for no reason whatsoever.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So IPCC scientist warning of "dire" consequences is nothing of the kind? AKA mass extinction??

Or are you saying our future is safe?

So IPCC scientist warning of "dire" consequences is nothing of the kind? AKA mass extinction??

Or are you saying our future is safe?

Prove that I said we should do nothing. What I said is that if the rest of the world does not get on board, what is the point?

Yet you suggest they "imitate us". well, not the weapons or anything like that, just the "good stuff" lol

Make up your mind.

I've hit an in the park home run old timer. You are too slow. You talk about our planet, its future, but only think of yourself.

It feels good to say you walk instead of driving to save the earth but do nothing to curb climate change. Its either a global problem or it isn't.
    Of course, the U.S. claimed national security, but would we allow a foreign government to do that to us LOL hell no.

Like I said, you just happen to agree that it is OK to do what is right vs. what the law says.

You say I am contradictory, LOL, look in a mirror dude. We went in Iraq to get bad guys just like Obama has done. You just choose to flip the coin and deem one version OK over the other. President to president the US remains the same. Kills whoever the fuck it wants in the name of "security"......

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  9. red55

I'm saying that science says our future will be impacted significantly and the potential for mass extinctions is raised considerable. That is not saying "There is no future".

Already answered about three times in the last three pages. Pay better attention.

I explained myself quite clearly. I'm not going to dance for you. Figure it out. I don't give a shit.

What a dimwit. Just criticize me personally when you can't debate a topic. Nobody is fooled.

Now you are arguing with yourself. I'm done trying to talk sense with you.

No we didn't, Jethro. We went into Iraq to find imaginary WMD's. Look it up.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What kind of future are you excited for with "mass extinction"??

No, you didn't.

Don't stop, you are doing great. Yea yea, we are better off showing by leading. Except, god forbid they get nukes and a strong military. Shame on you.... If You can't figure out how much of a fucked up message that is, no wonder you are having such a hard time here.

Right so name call me back to justify that you can't debate either.

Except you responded below in the following post....

You said our reason for Osama was 9/11. It was still illegal to go get him in Pakistan. It is a fact it was against their rules which....

wait for it....

The US didn't give a shit about...

You hate being wrong don't you?