Califuckyou

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A friend of mine was in town today after moving to California a few months ago. I noticed that his car didn't have a license plate. He bought the car new in Baton Rouge last summer. After being in Cali a few months the went to the DMV to register it in that state and get California plates. Seems that in their infinite wisdom the state of California decided that the car was worth more in their state than he paid for it in Louisiana and before they would give him the plates they wanted him to pay $1100 in taxes to California.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats what that dumbass gets for moving to Cali.

Duh.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Dunmo. I just waited till I got here to buy and payed the 150. Like everyone else here.

Move to Texas with out of state and see how much you pay there..

4. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

When I moved home from TX, I had to pay LA state sales tax on the value of.my truck to get LA tags. I kept it registered in TX til I traded it in LA. At that time, I had to pay something like $1800 for the old truck plus taxes on the new truck. All of the state's screw ya wherever they can.

Tiger in NC and LSUTiga like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I rather enjoyed the fuck out of California while I was there. Everyone I talked to was extremely nice, it was beautiful (except for the litter, shit load of litter everywhere) the weather was nice, so much stuff to do. Was expensive but not as expensive as I thought, (keep in mind I don't live there so I'm sure my opinion would change on that if I did). And god damn there were some fine ass Latinas everywhere.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

In Louisiana, there was no tax on the purchase of a used boat but that recently changed. Honestly, I can't figure out why there wouldn't be though. If I'm not mistaken, the take was implemented at X% and will phase out over the next few years. Well, that's what they say now but you know how many taxes "go away" once they're initiated.

7. LaSalleAve

You should see the fucking hoops my father in law is having to go through after purchasing an old used aluminum boat. He paid a grand for the boat and is going to end up paying more to the state than it's worth just to get it registered and legal to use.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I've read some horror stories about that. Did the boat have a title?

9. LaSalleAve

Nope

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Don't put a motor on it and drag it around in the bed of a pickup. Problem solved