Calling all computer geeks...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Beaux-Bo, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Can someone tell me how a web site can stream and host video over the web and authorities not be able to find the jackass webmaster that runs the site?

Maybe our military is on top of this... but I sure am tired of these militant, Islamic websites showing video of their terrorist acts. What would be involved with tracking down the physical location of the hosting server? I can think of some questions our pissed off Special Forces would want to ask the jackass putting this stuff on the web.

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

If we could we would have already done it.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The U.S. and the U.S. military obviously lacks jurisdiction over the physical location of let's say, aljazeera.com. Looks like it is located in the UK.

Current Registrar: TUCOWS INC. IP Address: 193.19.159.129 (ARIN & RIPE IP search) IP Location: UK(UNITED KINGDOM)

But look at where aljazeera.net is located!

Current Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC. IP Address: 12.120.13.19 (ARIN & RIPE IP search) IP Location: US(UNITED STATES)-ILLINOIS-HERRIN

Again, the freedom of information and hosting privacy laws prevent these sites from being shut down.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its not very hard to use multiple proxies.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

You wouldn't host a islamofascism propaganda website, which thousands of people tune into every day, on zombie'd/proxied pc's. Those IP addresses are that of a couple of very famous and very rich web hosting providers.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

which sites are those?