Cam Cameron? Aren't there other OC candidates?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DonaldTG, Feb 8, 2013.

1. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

Hate to say it because I know I'm going to catch your rath, but I don't think there's a question that CLM is stubborn as hell. So I'm ready to be called moron. I only have to look back on that last NC game, and the refusal to make apparently a single offensive adjustment at halftime after such a pitiful first half performance. Any offensive coordinator worth his salt, I think, would have felt we needed to go another route with plays, players and formations. Getting across the 50 yard line, what, twice in a national championship game? That's unacceptable in most peoples book.

2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

As far as I know, Krags was hired as OC but spent no time during regular season as one because of illness.

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

I feel ya, he was definitely stubborn on 1/9 assuming Lee was ready to go...and every person on the planet has been stubborn many times in their lives, but this thread isn't about that, this thread is about Cam Cameron...

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The point was, Krags was hired, but didn't get diagnosed with Parkinson's until fall camp had already started. Do you think Miles could've gone out and gotten a replacement with a month before we meet Oregon in Dallas??

He DID attempt to hire a top OC, DID hire him, in fact. But shit happens.

And after going 13-1 and making the NCG, with LSUs offense averaging 40 ppg that season, it's easy to understand keeping Stud after 2011. I wish we wouldn't have, but I can see why we did.

So basically, Miles did a good job of recognizing the problem with the offense, and quickly handling it.

Attack Tiger, Jopry and LaSalleAve like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Fish nailed it. Les Miles comes along, Jimbo leaves, Miles is asked to make a splash, hires Crowton we win the whole fucking thing. 08 rolls around with the Perrilloux debacle and the co D coordinators, what happens? There is a huge backlash on Miles and he hires John Chavis. We do nothing on offense for 2 years, people want Miles' head because of it, what does he do, Crowton takes another job, in comes Kragthorpe. Krags gets diagnosed with Parkinsons, Stud becomes OC, fans are bitching, and complaining about the O (including me) What does Miles do? He hires Cam Cameron.

Les Miles is the face of this University when it comes to Football. If you don't like it, go cheer for someone else. He is our coach and he has done a bang up job for this school, 3 SEC West Championships, 2 outright SEC Championships, 1 national championship, and 1 national championship loss. He makes the changes when they are needed, he recruits, he wins ball games, he has beaten Alabama more than any other school in the SEC since Saban has arrived. Geaux Tigers.

Now not only do we have a loaded roster, we have a loaded coaching staff, probably the best in the country.

6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

Wow good post. Is this LaSalle or is someone else posting on his account? I kid, i kid..

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I understand what you are saying, but its a little misleading, if he got 30 carries the last 3 games and 16 the first 13 games. Thats not really going to change his average much. That would move his average up to possibly 18 or 19.
    But I do get your point.
    18.2 to be exact from 16.4

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

That was the reason for the hire, Les wanted no part of it, same with Studs. The illness took Krags out of the picture.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Wait a minute, if Studrawa "wanted no part of" being OC, then why wasn't Kragthorp replaced after last season?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My guess is to work solely with Mettenberger and Rivers. Isn't Krag's son on LSU's roster also? Not that that had anything to do with it.