Cam Cameron (Can we keep him?)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Nov 30, 2013.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

T

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I hope he stays a long time. Not only was his work apparent, he is very humble. In response to Mett's improvement, I heard him say, "I get way too much credit for that." Despite the obvious, I felt it was not only classy in terms of not bagging on anyone before him but also thought that meant a lot to Mett in terms of his not exactly being panty waste. He did accomplish a lot in his Jr. season too. Just to copy/paste a few from his bio:

I really liked him as our QB. Like Miles said, he's matured into a man. He represented us well and never had to be kept from leaving with the team for an away game- if you know what I mean.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's a common theme with him cause that's about all he's getting from the quality of players he's recruiting too. :D

TigerTap likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't know what the best age for being a HC, but I would think that at that age maybe that shipped has passed? Or is it close to the age to start looking for a HC job?

5. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Especially since Cameron was in Miles's wedding, and they are good friends. I think that Cam will stay and eventually take over as Les Miles's replacement as the next head coach at LSU!

6. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

why should he go elsewhere to coach lesser talent and with a coach he may not be as comfortable working for?

boblinfoto likes this.
  7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well I think we're just discussing getting another head coaching gig. I certainly don't see him going anywhere else for an OC job, not even the NFL. We're paying competitive rates to what the NFL would pay.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Look at his résumé, kind of like, been there done that. Like I tell people, the right fit, stability, etc. Many coaches now are not just jumping at the drop of a hat. It's not easy moving a family. I see a Jimbo staying at Fla St, trying to make a run like Bobby did. Cam sees a gig like Chief has, great pay, great boss, what could be better. Stability, it's at LSU.

9. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

I would think that having a stable coaching staff is also a big recruiting advantage.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, Cam and Chief along with Les is why kids come to LSU, a big reason