Cam Cameron interview

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Feb 28, 2015.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Dandy Don has a 3 part interview with CCC going on. Good read, gives a good insite into the offense, last year's problems and QB development. Made me believe that our offense is in good hands, despite last year's debacle.:)

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Nothing in the first two parts make me feel warm and fuzzy about the QB situation or the offense going forward. I'm not saying Cam won't turn it around, but nothing in the article indicated we are even close to being able to throw the ball with any consistency.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Really, I feel better about what is going on especially hearing Cam's philosophy, what he expects to get out of his QB's and how they are becoming leaders. There isn't a whole lot of other stuff he can say at this point since they aren't practicing as a team yet and he also doesn't want to get into a whole lot of specifics.

And having the WR's get stronger and to fight off coverage has to help. I also have a feeling that he was referring to Harris when he talked about the QB having to take and accept blame when things don't go right and that the QB's have matured since the season ended. But we'll all have to wait until the regular season really to see if one or both of them does ideed improve by leaps and bounds.

Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Harris and Jennings were interviewed this week. Interestingly, Harris said that he suffered a high ankle sprain in the Auburn game that hampered him the rest of the year. It may just be him deflecting from the reports that he wasn't working very hard, but it might be that the unreported injury was a big part of the reason that he saw the field so little after that.

didit, Brian, cajdav1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Where are these reports? Who said it? Because everything Les has said, and even in that interview with Cameron the reports are that he IS working hard and pushing AJ and blah blah. It doesn't add up Amigo.

6. red55

Harris said it! There is a thread on the news forum.

7. shane0911

He may have said he needs to work "harder" which isn't the same as him saying "I've been sitting on my dead ass doing nothing in practice to try and win the job" Everyone can always work harder amigo.

8. red55

Uhh, the point was that he had a unreported injury.

9. shane0911

Right, but it's a little disingenuous for people to say it's because he doesn't work hard or to imply that he feels entitled. I haven't seen or heard anything credible to support this but it keeps surfacing.

LSUDieHard likes this.
  10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You really think he is going to come out and say he was sitting on his ass and doing nothing in practice? Heck on I don't think hardly anyone commented nearly that bad about him. He does admit that he did not understand the offense and didn't know all of the plays, which is pretty much what everyone thought last year. He admitted that the only thing that is holding him back is himself, which after listening to Cam's interview underscores that he needed to mature and not blame others while also working harder to learn the offense. Ask the questions you need to ask, study the film and take notes, understand why things are designed a certain way, etc.

Back several years ago the most talented QB on the Atlanta Falcons roster was a backup who was forced into action toward the end of the season due to injuries. A couple of years later after he was traded he admitted that he didn't know the playbook and pretty much improvised the entire time he was on the field. He learned that he had better start watching more film, asking more questions and practicing harder instead of being the class clown. He'll be in the Hall of Fame soon, do you know who he is?

didit and Brian like this.