Cam Cameron officially OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I didn't see that post in the other thread, for some reason, so I heartily apologize for the opening comment.

As for the rest of your points, I defer to the posters above who seem to know how to tell a chicken from a turkey.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Thanks, now I'm hungry. I did make a Chicken Stew the other night.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2013/08/dillon_gordon_said_tight_ends.html

Cam working the TE's.....

I don't know, we may never have a TE catch a pass in a game this year....that being said...

Mett will throw for over 3,000 yds this year...

4. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

There is always speculation about how much meddling Les did at the end of games with the play calling and management in late 4th qtrs. Pass plays when needing to burn clock, poor play selection, telegraphing who is getting the ball (Sheppard), bad clock management, etc. Is this going to change with CC?

Will Les give him more control at the end of games than it seems the OC has had in the past?

There needs to improvement in the areas I listed and I hope it was due to the OC's of the past and Les feeling like he had to get involved more than he should. Hopefully Les will just let CC have it in these situations.

5. Attack Tiger

Why is it automatically assumed that whenever a bad offensive decision is called, it's Les Miles that made it? We've had BAD Offensive Coordinators. Did you expect greatness out of them?

StaceyO, tigermark and LSUDad like this.
  6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

This is why I said "speculation". It's not a bad speculation necessarily when we have seen some really poor clock management. He is the head coach so of course he will take heat for bad play calls and the like.
    But the "speculation" wasn't the point of the post. The point was to ask if some of this stuff would change.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    Attack Tiger likes this.
  7. Attack Tiger

It's been an oft-debated subject lately. I'm still geared for it.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I don't care who calls the plays... if Mett is better than he was last year, hitting his recievers in stride and going through his progressions, we'll be much better off and move the chains. I'm just happy a real QB coach is here to teach our QBs.

JP4LSU and Attack Tiger like this.
  9. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Very True TT.
    We've never been a school that develops QB's. Metts is an ideal candidate and I hope he is taught well and he grasps what is being taught. He does need better accuracy though. I think this could be a great year. Hopefully tight ends will be a bigger part of the game as well.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Cam will start out attacking tcu with their 4-2-5 defense, should do well with this one. We'll see a 3-4 during the year, Cam has done well attacking these also. Gonna be fun to see this year.