Cam Cameron officially OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I never actually took any typing classes, either. I only learned through years of posting on message boards and instant messaging. I type very quickly and accurately, though, and never have to look at the keyboard.
    All of my projects are either wrapping up construction, in a phase of construction that doesn't involve me (South End Zone expansion), are out to bid, or are in the planning/proposal phase. Friggin hate it!

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

BOT.....

The LSU Tigers are known for playing smash-mouth football the wears down opponents via a physical running game. While new coordinator Cam Cameron won’t change that blue-collar attitude, reports out of LSU’s practices indicate that he’s experimenting with varying things up and quickening the pace, changes that have been received well by the players.

Senior fullback JC Copeland talked about the new offense to The Advocate:

"Last year, everybody knew we were going to run, but my thing was, ‘Yeah, but can you stop us?’ We’re still going to do what we do, but we’re doing a lot more stuff, and it won’t be as predictable. You’ll see — it’ll be a lot different how people will play us."

Quarterback Zach Mettenberger also shared his thoughts:

"We’re going to present ourselves differently. But honestly, it’s going to be the same LSU hard running game, with a lot of passes built off of that. Hopefully we’ll be less predictable."

"Last year at times, a certain formation would only be a certain play. This year, we have six or seven plays in that formation. He’s got a list of plays for each guy that is their go-to play. He’s definitely trying to mix it up."

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Remember this one?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You were dead on about a lot of things regarding Cam in this thread LSUDad.

I read most of the thread just now (actually for the first time, believe it or not), and you referenced how he likes to get the fullbacks the ball in the passing game. And we have shown that.

I think the only thing we haven't seen as much as I would have hoped is passing to the TE, which I think will be critical when we face tough defenses like Florida and Alabama. But that may have more to do with Dickson being injured than anything. The other kid is a true freshman, so we have a learning curve going on there.

5. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

The way I see it, unless you have an Antonio Gates on your team, TE's aren't primary targets. The way our receivers have been getting open, there has been no need for many check-downs. I guess we could prove this theory by watching film and seeing if TE's have been running routes on many passing plays. If they have, then my theory holds water. If not, well...maybe Cam just doesn't like the TE's we have on the roster.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

or, he's just adding wrinkles each week. The offense the first week against TCU resembled last years more than the third game. Me thinks he is gradually, and effectively, putting his touches on the gameplans, and you will see the TE incorporated more and more as the season goes. Injuries, quality of athlete available, may too be playing a role. Betcha TEs and RBs become more targets, esp. as they start to potentially double team the WRs.

Attack Tiger likes this.
  7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

That's probably just as likely.

8. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I also remember this.

I agree with this. I don't see much in the way of new to our offense. I hope the difference us execution and play selection based on the defense. I think Cam has a leg up on both Miles and Stud in this category. But I expect our offense to look really familiar.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I think thats what Cams waiting on, someone to try and take (Double team) them away. Right now Mett is making the read when single coverage is used and keeping an eye on the safeties. Like I said, the throw to Landry, he saw the safeties move to cover Hilliard, too easy.
    I can see more of the Cam offense taking hold. Its been enjoyable to see this offense progress, along with some of the players. We have been lucky, Cam hasn't had to keep his foot on the gas yet.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member