CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Cam is probably not coming back next season after all of this. It may cost him the heisman also, because of the Bush thing, however, i'm sure Auburn will have no problem just making him their own heisman, they are pretty good at that.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So I gather we should back off of Metzenberger (sp).

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

If any of you say you didnt cheat in college in SOME capacity you are either a liar or a saint.
    I never stole papers or anything, but I can tell you all of us had "old tests" or "used the sit next to the asian chick" methodology in college.

I think this stuff is greasy and Urban Myth is behind hit. Which makes me dislike him even more.

leave the kid alone. Geez, they are searching for anything to bring this kid down.....

I could be wrong but I think this is nothing but a jealous smear campaign and trying to dig up anything they can.....

4. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

I would say sneaking your name onto someone else's paper is a pretty far cry from sharing notes or homework assignments. That's practically theft.

That said, can he be both a great kid and a terrible student? College ain't for everyone. Would he even be enrolled in college if he were not an athlete?

5. Jester

Jester Founding Member

uh, wow dude.

I didn't cheat in college and I know alot of other people who didn't cheat, either.

And, yes, he could potentially be a great kid and a terrible student, but 1. Great kids don't have stolen goods and toss them out a window when the cops come around unless they stole it themselves or they already knew that it was stolen and 2. bad students either work harder to become better students or they don't and subsequently perform poorly in their classes. Stealing someone's work and putting your name on it and consistently cheating makes you a bad person, in addition to being a bad student.

I'm sorry if you think that everyone is out to get poor wittle Cam, but Urban Meyer has nothing to do with Florida's Board of Academics, nor the professors that caught him cheating, nor the cops that caught him with a stolen laptop.

The guys is obviously either a spoiled little **** who thinks he can do whatever he wants and get away with it or he's just a dishonest person whose lack of honesty and morals has begun to finally catch up to him.

For everyone who's thinking there is some smear campaign going on, I think you're just some of the few people who still have the wool pulled over your eyes.

6. TexasTigers

Again I never stole paper and when I was in college the Internet didnt exist so there was no way I could download a paper. Thank god Xbox and online Poker didnt exist either.. I would have never graduated...
    This is pretty bad, granted. It is borderline theft.
    My point is sharing a test from last semester, or peeking at Sung Lee's Scantron (fi they still use those) for the answer to #10 is not uncommon. Yes agreed that is different. But it happens all the time and its technically "Cheating" by definition

So yes it was nothing like that, I just think people are finding everything they can to bring this kid down. I dont know why.....
    He has done nothing as agregious as lets say that Felon that is the QB at Ole Miss, or the MANY MANY arrests at UF and UGA.
    Yet he is getting all the press...

I guess I wonder why its all coming out now. Maybe it is true and it is greasy, but why does all the other players who have done MUCH worse get a pass and he is getting hammered on trying to cheat on a paper...... He may be stupid I will give you that.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Me, either. I attribute my future academic honesty to my 3rd grade teacher who brought the hammer down hard when I cheated on a spelling test. I couldn't remember how to spell--wait for it--soap.

As for Newton, he's sounding more and more like one problem child Ryan Perrilloux.

8. TexasTigers

O.K. i guess I am the only one..... I will call the dean and give back my Diploma....
    ;-)

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Get right on that. As for me, I owe my diploma to good ol' Mrs. Darensburg and her making a mockery of me in class in 1979.

10. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I didn't cheat in college in any capacity. And I'm neither a liar or a saint.

I have the chitty grades to prove it, too!

:lol:

I think someone is trying to make sure Newton doesn't come back. That's my conspiracy theory.