CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

And that justifies theft and plagarism?

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

What would you say it is other than a smear campaign? The situation with the cheating is federally protected information that, even if it were true, it
    has ZERO impact on his eligibility at AU, so there's no other reason to disclose it, other than to smear him.

I agree with the poster that said Urban Meyer is most likely the leak. Since the information is protected, it obviously had to come from someone 'in the know', and he's just the type of smarmy ********* that would do something like this. Plus, I thought I heard on the radio that he's a friend of the reported who broke the story. If true, he's an even bigger douche than I imagined.

The laptop situation is just a youthful indiscretion. What he did is nothing compared to what Jeremiah Masoli did. That guy is a pure thug. Unlike CM, he actually burglarized a dorm or apartment or something. He was suspended, but not dismissed from the team until, after being given a 2nd chance, he was busted for drugs. And before that, he was convicted of strong armed robbery while still in high school. There's no way he should be eligible to play for Ole Piss this year. He beat the system, but I digress.

I think CM learned his lesson with the laptop and I don't think it should continue to be held against him. It's doubtful he puts himself in a position like that again.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Are you kidding me?!?!

Look, all this crap with Newton may be B.S. but I can promise you one thing...Miles aint putting up with much crap at LSU right now. Im not naive enough to think that we are squeaky clean....but i certainly think its one of the cleanest programs in the country.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

ESPN reporting that Cecil and Cam both had conversations with MSU recruiters about money according to sources out of MSU.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5786315"]Sources: Cam and Cecil Newton talked of pay-to-play plan with recruiters - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5786486@@AMEPARAM@@5786486[/ame]

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I wonder if he bought his term paper at Florida with the stolen laptop?

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

It's starting to sound like Cam was involved in the pay to play via ESPN article. Auburn needs to ask him or they are going to have to forfeit the whole season.

7. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

It doesnt say he ever took any money...his father only talked to someone about it. Dont see where Cam or Auburn did anything wrong. Am i missing something??

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Just finished reading that. I would change the title of this thread though. The way it is worded almost appears as though he is guilty of all accusations.

10. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

will not let me change. please admin change title to "Discussed pay for paly"