CAM NEWTON / AUBURN PFP INVESTIGATION THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jester, Nov 9, 2010.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Nah, Auburn fans told me he is totally vindicated and a class individual. Something to hang their hat on. Or, by hook or crook, by golly, Auburn is gonna win a nc.

2. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

So let me get this straight. Newton's services were offered to State for a lot of money and they refused so he turns around and commits to Auburn for free.

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Oh yeah, sure, that makes sense doesn't it? Da Preacher must've had a Revelation and cleansed himself of wrongdoing by nixing the Moo U deal.

Tiger Paw is right - the NCAA story has more holes than a fish net.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's possible. When State turned them down flat, they probably knew that it would be reported to the NCAA. It may have scared them away from trying it again.

5. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

When State turned them down he still could have and probably would have went there anyway since that is where he wanted to go to begin with so he could be reunited with Mullen.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

LOL, an Intervention of sorts. I like it... but not as much as believing the secret to successful ministry is having more than one collection plate.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

What is the diffrence in what bush did at USC and the newtons? Maybe they ain't found the money yet. If the money shows will things change?

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The difference is they didn't find out all the goods on Bush until after he was out of school. Plus Cam is in position to play for a national title, and TCU was sitting at 3.

Surely you realize that we just cannot have TCU play for the marbles right?

The NCAA is on their hands and knees praying that Auburn lays an egg now.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

A thought occured to me this morning. As many of us have stated, we believe a big factor in why the NCAA made the ruling they did, is because they could stand to lose too much money by not having an SEC team in 2 BCS bowls. Speculation, at best, but none the less would make sense especially with the belief many have that the NCAA is crooked and some sort of cartel.

Well, what if the NCAA has come to the realization of just how much money they have been losing with USC being under sanctions.With USC not going to a bowl, with USC being limited on recruiting, etc has the NCAA done some number crunching and now realizes just how much sponsorship monies, advertising dollars, and other income sources that they are losing because of this.

Did they make this decision to set the precidence so that when USC appeals their decision the NCAA now has a reason to overturn that decision? By overturning it they could also eliminate some of the speculation behind the AU ruling, by now acting more consistent in their rules enforcement.

Total speculation and probably a bit far fetched, but it is possible.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

If it's not for that I would think they sure gave them some ground to argue an appeal.