Cam Newton - Pay Me Now?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Uncle Milty, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

2. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Gee, I hope not. Not that college players shouldn't be given some benefits but as the rules stand now, I would just like to see some integrity in the good athletes.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

There's a thread in the College Sports forum. The Den is usually just LSU stuff, but I doubt many have seen this.

http://forums.tigerfan.com/college-sports-forum/103089-watch-out-cam-newton.html

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Why is Kenny Rogers involved in this?

Guess he did to know when to hold 'em

5. swoop

swoop Founding Member

Cam came to auburn in the spring of this year? This story would have been handed over to the NCAA at least before then. Did they never make Auburn aware they were investigating this? Hard to believe they would let Cam play if they knew they were investigating this and there was shred of evidence to support it. I really doubt this happened.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Is is not officially being investigated by the NCAA at this time but the SEC has details handed over to them from Miss St and I am sure the NCAA has the details of that report already. Auburn received a letter about this over a month ago.

Doesn't sound good.

Remember he just had a SI article come out saying he was favoring MSU but he was going to let his dad pick his team and he picked Auburn. Cam also mentioned in an interview a couple of weeks ago that his dad oversees 5 churches in Georgia. Also add to the fact that one of those churches was about to be shut down because wasn't up to code and they got a few extensions and the church had the modifications done in the Spring right about the time Cam was enrolled at AU.

That sounds very fishy...but I guess innocent until proven guilty.

7. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I will be shocked...SHOCKED...to discover that there was anything remotely not above board in Cam Newton's recruitment.

Shocked.

Shocked.

8. Uncle Milty

Uncle Milty Founding Member

An electrifying comment.

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I was shocked to discover that a US President would use an intern's vagina for a humidor; that a man like Jimmy Swaggart would solicit a prostitute; that someone with as much to lose as OJ Simpson could murder such a beautiful and gracious woman...Cam Newton taking a little bank, that would be no shocker to me.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

What do yall think about maybe it was a dirty deal done through his father and this rogers guy, with no knowledge of cams? Or maybe it's a false accusation type thing over ill feelings towards his choosing the bird-tiggers... Either way, if he did something wrong then he should be punished, if not then he should be completely cleared and it all put behind him.